Take Two president talks Agent exclusivity to PS3

Saturday, 6th June 2009 15:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

rockstar1b

Agent was announced by Rockstar at Sony’s E3 event this week, and Take-Two president Ben Feder seems confident about the the game being a PS3 exclusive.

“At this phase in the cycle, when you’re trying to launch a new franchise, exclusivity can really help you launch the franchise”, he told Gamespot. ‘It can give you the kind of platform that you need to start exclusive, start in the right kind of way with the right kind of partner. Exclusivity does work.

“I have a lot of confidence in Sony. I have a lot of confidence in their ability to lead the market, as they always have,” he added. “Their console is a terrific platform to be developing for, and Agent is a great testament as to our belief in what that platform can do, and what they can do with us as part of a partnership.”

He also thinks that the game as a whole is going to be rather fantastic.

“We think this has the potential to be yet another great Rockstar North franchise title. … It’s the Houser Brothers and Rockstar North. It’s the A team working on an AAA title. I think the subject matter, the characters, the story, the environment, the background–all the elements are there. It’s such a rich environment to play in.”

Sounds groovy.

More through the link.

1. blackdreamhunk

I’m just going to rent a ps3 and rent the game when it comes out, if the game is really good.

If really like the game I will buy a used ps3 and a used game from gamestop. It will save me alot of money.

Don’t want to waste my money on a old useless consoles of any type. I will must likely rent.

2. Robo_1

LOL, enjoy your 50 Psychotext :)

3. Razor

Was it ever in doubt?

4. blackdreamhunk

he or she had it coming lol

5. Psychotext

@Robo_1: :D

But there’s a long time to go before that bet is over. He could win yet.

6. SlayerGT

I can’t wait.

7. Quiiick

I totally agree. The hype you create by going platform-exclusive can really help you launch a new franchise.

8. blackdreamhunk

I’m not going waste my money on a console i’m just going to rent. :) save me a ton of money sony doesn’t get dine from me hahahahaha

9. No_PUDding

Balcdreamhunk, tell me if I am wrong, but I get the slightest impression, you don’t want to buy a PS3.

Anyway, so how can this NOT be exclusive now? I reckon the title in conceptual stages wasn’t exclsuive, but how can it not be?

10. SlayerGT

PUD if look somewhere, Rockstar said over a year ago that they wanted to make a game that could only be done on the PS3. I originally saw the quote on IGN but the artical has been removed since this announcement.

11. Goliath

I think Rockstar have hit thier high water mark with Grand Theft Auto. They haven’t been able to recreate the success and I don’t expect they ever will.

12. DrDamn

I’m thinking you should have gone for “released” rather than “announced” PT.

13. f1r3storm

“It’s the A team working on an AAA title.”

The A-Team is working on it? :o

14. crippledhooba

I have alot of faith in Rockstar and I believe there gonna do a great job on this new franchise.

15. Psychotext

@DrDamn: Yeah, probably.

16. Mike

Yep. :)

17. Psychotext

Ahh but Mike, it’s not unusual for a time limited exclusivity agreement to mean “no announcements until 1 year after the release of the game”… and you said under a year. ;)

That’s of course assuming that it even happens. But vg247 sources are very reliable, so I can understand your confidence… oh, wait. :P

18. tenthousandgothsonacid

This is definitely coming to 360, but then TL&TD is definitely coming to ps3.

And GTAIV came out over a year ago and still not a peep.

Okay, so DLC is different to a full game but maybe PT will collect…

19. Mike

Ok, Psycho. Whatever you say.

20. Psychotext