Rumour: Yamauchi won’t talk GT5 at E3

Monday, 1st June 2009 11:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gt5prologue11

Those interviewing Polyphony Digital legend Kazanori Yamauchi at E3 tomorrow have been told not to ask questions about Gran Turismo 5, VG247 has learned.

Meaning? Well, presumably that the game du jour for the Sony car kids is going to be GT PSP only.

SCEA’s John Koller confirmed GT was on the way to PSP Go in the “leaked” Qore ep this weekend, and it now looks clear the focus will be on the handheld title as far as Gran Turismo’s concerned.

Sony’s press conference takes place at 11.00am PST tomorrow.

1. No_PUDding

BOLLOCKS….

Amar12221212121 whatever his name is let us down.

2. Blerk

What what? Surely not!

3. No_PUDding

A friend pointed out it’s Kazunori, not ‘Kazanori’. If you can’t spell these thigns how can you expect us to take this news seriously HUH?!

(fuck I hope it’s there :P)

4. Freek

GT5: Prologue 2 comming fall 2010, you know, to keep the fans happy. ;p

5. Psychotext

“GT5: Prologue 2 comming fall 2010, you know, to keep the fans happy. ;p”

Happy? I’d be setting up the torture gear.

6. No_PUDding

It’s all in vain… I’d still buy it.

New cars, new tracks, I’d buy it.

Lets hope this is just becuase they want to focus on the PSP one, but GT5 is still there…. God damn I hope so.

7. Razor

I’m calling this false….GT PSP is a cert to have integration with GT5, so they’ve got to show GT5 at show how integration works….

That’s what I’m hoping anyway…

8. No_PUDding

It does seem really implausible, but last time I questioned VG247 (TGS last year) I looked like an idiot.

VG247 might be your friendly neighbourhood gaming news site, but they will kick your ass if you question them.

9. Razor

Well if this is true then it really sucks…showing GT5 now feels like the perfect time as the anticipation has built up so much….but people will drift to Forza 3 if Sony don’t show anything of GT5 and interest will wane.

And how can they not ask him questions on a major game in the franchise (understatement)? It seems crazy.

10. DrDamn

@Razor
    Anticipation has built, waned and now fizzled as far as I am concerned. GT5 has been far too long in coming, unless it has something spectacular in it then it will be a massive disappointment.

11. No_PUDding

And yet you’ll buy it.

It’s Gran Turismo. It’s a caR-P-G

12. blackdreamhunk

13. Johnny Cullen

“GT games are nothing more than a arcade game for kids. It’s not even a real drving sim.”

Gotta love E3, it brings out the fanboyism in everyone.

14. Cort

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Cort

Now I’ve calmed down, I want Kazanori Yamauchi’s useless fucking head on a fucking pointy stick if this is true.

Dammit!

One. Two. Three. Four ……

16. Psychotext

Maybe they got a sneak peek at Forza 3 and decided they needed to add some features? Not necessarily a bad thing, as we’ve been waiting ages for the game already anyway. A few more months wont hurt.

17. No_PUDding

I’d love to see it! I won’t get a simulator this year anyway I guess. So that’s a kick in the nuts if anything. I guess I didn’t expect it this year anyway, but I expected to KNOW when this year.