Microsoft’s E3 press conference – all the news in one place

Monday, 1st June 2009 20:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

xbox360logo

In a word, “blimey”. Microsoft’s E3 press conference is now over, and to say it was “news-heavy” is something of an understatement.

Here’s everything.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

So you’ve taken all your previously listed articles and placed them into one article with links…. (clapping….v e r y slowly).

2. Razor

The motion control was the best thing shown without a doubt.

Too little is known of MGS…MS would have saved it for last like they did with FFXIII if it was something big or a “major” version.

I think MGS:R is spin off and PS3 will get MGS5.

3. No_PUDding

Hmm, interesting idea.

I dunno, I loved the look of Crackdown 2 I guess… zombies!

But the rest of it was meh.

Very disappointed in action-adventure splinter cell.

4. rainer

I think you guys have missed this but purchasing 360 games in digital downloads was just announced, IGN has some of the details coming in August

Mass Effect, BioShock, Assassin’s Creed, Sonic, Crackdown, Oblivion, Civ Rev, Call of Duty 2, Dirt, Vegas 2, Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise.

Nothing too recent though they say more will be coming after the initial 30 titles.

5. anasui

this conference has been kinda dreadful to me. Besides Natal there’s really nothing worth writing home about.

Yes, I have a 360 and yes I like it

6. Gekidami

Well seeing as i hate Halo, hate racing games, found Crackdown boring and L4D half-arsed the stuff shown wasnt really for me though its still a solid line up of exclusives i’m sure alot of people will enjoy, and i think Shadow Complex looked pretty decent, though i’d rather play a game like that on a portable device.

7. tenthousandgothsonacid

Meh-crosoft

I await Snoozy’s conference in bed.

C’mon Sony ! MS were pretty average. It’s cat out the bag time ! Amaze us all with the PS3 Slim at 200 quid and you’d clean up this year at E3. Except you won’t, will you … You’ll show us the psp go and the ps3 slim will turn up 6 months from now once you’ve sold the fat ones off.

I predict score draw.

8. Gekidami

Thing about Sony’s conference is that theres a chance they dont really show much in terms of new games because they’ve already announced a fair amount, MS could show more stuff because up intill yesterday the 360 had near to no 2009-2010 line up.

9. deftangel

Sony are probably going to show us an exciting bunch of exclusive games today. Their problem is, regardless of what they’ve got coming out, I’m not sure it’s going to make a dent against the massive 3rd party games and handful of games MS *do* have.

Halo, L4D2, MW2, Forza & Spinter Cell all look like they’re going to be massive hits this year.

10. Gekidami