Koller – New Metal Gear heading to PSP

Saturday, 30th May 2009 18:26 GMT By Patrick Garratt

metalgear4

SCEA’s John Koller has apparently announced a PSP version of Metal Gear Solid in a movie of PSP Go that hit the web today.

Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Jak & Daxter and Metal Gear games are all mentioned in the video, which includes footage of the machine interspersed with Koller being interviewed.

Watch it, quick.

1. Razor

Who says weekends never have any news :)

2. Gekidami

No credit to Pud for pointing it out?

3. No_PUDding

Thanks Gekidami, but there’s clearly a conspiracy.

4. Gekidami

Indeed notice how instantly the news was bumped off the top but not by anything, oh no, by Splinter Cell: Conviction news!

5. No_PUDding

Fuckign Gran Turismo PSP.

I am so happy, maybe they will spend more time on their PS3 announcements now. Or not. But the GT PSP does confirm GT5 will eb there, surely.

6. TheTwelve

I don’t want to say “I told you so”, but I will(hehe), and I will also add that this new MGS PSP game will be compatible and in conjunction with a exclusive new PS3 MGS game.

The last time I played a similar idea was with Skies of Arcadia, how you can use the Dreamcast’s memory thingies to actually find items that you can use in the main game.

I suspect that the new PS3/PSP MGS game will have such concepts, but of course taken to Kojima-like extremes.

I’m ready.

7. No_PUDding

Did not even see that Gek.. jesus Christ, what a site of Microsoft employees.

Sometimes a vomit on my keyboard as I am typing on this site. I feel so violated by the trust I placed in this site!

8. No_PUDding

TheTweleve, just shutup man… It was obvious.

You didn’t need to tell everyone, everyone else knew they just weren’t going around telling everyone as if everyone else was in the dark.

9. TheTwelve

Mwuahahaha

10. No_PUDding

xD

What is he evil laughing at now? This is Shatners son. Shatty.

11. Johnny Cullen

Dear God,

Tell Koj this is fucking win. Also get him to tell us what the new PS3 game is too.

Thanks,
    Jonathan Cullen.

12. Mike

The new game might be the PSP one, innit.

13. No_PUDding

Dun dun dun….

I reckon if it’s a PSP game, it would help syupport the idea the HD version (if it’s there) will be PS3 exclusive.

14. Gekidami

I’m honnestly sure its a PSP and PS3 combo, i cant imagine so much fanfair over just a PSP game.
    Based off the teaser site i’m sure one will have Big Boss as the main character and the other will have Raiden (or who ever that it), they’ll probably be based in the same location but in different time periods.

15. Mike

PSP games need lots of fanfare. Sony has promised a huge PSP push this year, maybe hype like this plus the new Go! is what they meant.

16. Gekidami

I’m still banking on there being a new PS3 MGS to, i’ll put my dodgy, near inexistant reputation on the line.

17. TheTwelve

Scroll down just a bit to see the upcoming Famitsu cover.

18. Gekidami

My reputation grows stronger!

EDIT: Oh wait, its “Famitsu PS3+PSP” lol.

19. No_PUDding

Lol.. But I would not be surprised if it was two games.

I seriously reckon that that Raiden picture is Sunny.. Completely.

20. Gekidami

I think its Raiden… And the guy who did the artwork just forgot what colour his eyes were lol. I think Snakes eyes changed colour at one point to.

21. No_PUDding

It’s not the eye colour… It’s the EXTREMELY feminine features and the eye shadow.

I mean, it’s way more feminine than Raiden in MGS4. And it’s clearly a Kojima like trick. Zoom out and we see some boobs, everyone would be impressed.

Sunny.

22. Gekidami

Its possible, if its not Raiden then it probably is Sunny and alot indicates thats its not Raiden, even the less obvious points like differences in the costume.

23. TheTwelve

Pudding makes some very powerful points. I’ve been slow to believe the Sunny theories but if you’ve played MGS4 and know the background, and look at these pics, I’m getting ready to believe them.

MGS4 almost glaringly leaves out a lot about Sunny while focusing a lot of camera time on her. Could be a setup for this.

24. No_PUDding

Exactly, and it would be a great way to start the repetition theme.

We were just introduced to Raiden’s son, and then we’ve got the older generation dyign out.

25. Shatner

Thanks for the name-check, White Knight. Good to see your crusade is still burning a trail of righteounsness and saving the internet from any comments you don’t deem as living up to your own high standards.

:D

26. No_PUDding

I was more talking about how I wasn’t alllowed to call you Shatty, becuase that’s your son.

I was implying that the guy above wasn’t as versed as you, so don’t take it as an insult.

27. Shatner

/feeds White Knight’s noble steed a carrot

There there, he’s been riding you pretty hard recently hasn’t he?

28. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Ok, I’ve got an original PSP and all I know is I want the new Metal Gear, new Gran Turismo, new Motorstorm, and new Little Big Planet all to work on the original PSP. I’ll be happy if they do by download, but I for one actually like having a collection of cases and hard copy games on my shelf. I hope UMD is still an option for original PSP owners with the new games…