Macquarie: Wii Fit Plus and “Mario/Zelda” to be shown at E3

Wednesday, 27th May 2009 09:23 GMT By Patrick Garratt

wiifit5

Macquarie Research “understands” that Nintendo will show Wii Fit Plus in its press conference at E3 next week, “which will be sold separately from the board and in a bundle and will capitalise on the 17m existing Wii Fit users”.

The equity firm also expects “Nintendo to learn its lessons from last year and provide more gamer-centric announcements at E3 such as a new Zelda or Mario title for the Wii (in addition to the new Zelda for DS).”

The conference takes place on Tuesday morning next week. Nintendo confirmed last night that Reggie, Iwata and Cammie “The Teeth” Dunaway will be taking the stage for the event.

We’ll be live-blogging it, obviously.

1. Blerk

More Wii Fit seems like a no-brainer. New Zelda/Mario…. not so sure.

2. Tonka

If I had the energy I would start keeping track of what these analysts say and see how right they are.

Imagine a spreadsheet of Pachters predictions.

3. Blerk

Sort of like a toilet roll, I’m thinking.

4. elronathon

I think that their rationale for expecting more Zelda would match most long-time gamers i.e. we are ‘owed’ another Mario/Zelda…but that doesn’t really mean much in the greater scheme of things does it?

“Nintendo to learn its lessons from last year” – that their machine (though falling in sales figures somewhat) is still selling like puppy-shaped candy-flavoured hot-cakes?

My prediction would be that its more likely Ninty will offer some hardware incentive to hold on to gamers who are otherwise spending more time with their 360/PS3.

But then again, thats just a guess as much as these fellas

5. G1GAHURTZ

G1GAHURTZ understands that the BBC are actually at fault for spreading this ridiculous new ‘understands’ term in the press.

6. anasui

psh, suuuure

that’s almost as bad as Pachter’s crystal bollocks, alhtough I’m a bit upset someone mentioned him before me

7. wowgold

I’m an avid fan of Wii. It keeps me from getting flabs from consistently playing MMORPGs. But if there would be a Zelda/Mario…ummm I dunno…maybe I’ll still give it a try.