All Fallout 3 DLC to be published on PS3, two more episodes confirmed for PS3, 360 and PC

Tuesday, 19th May 2009 15:01 GMT By Patrick Garratt

fallout334

All Fallout 3 DLC is to be released for PS3, Bethesda said today, including the three previously released episodes and two more upcoming chapters.

“Operation: Anchorage will be released for PS3 in June, followed by the release of The Pitt and Broken Steel 4-6 weeks apart,” said the company in a statement.

“Release dates will be forthcoming.”

Bethesda announced “substantial” DLC exclusively for 360 at E3 last year.

In a subsequent interview, the publisher’s comms boss, Peter Hines, told VG247 that keeping the content away from other consoles “was the right thing to do for Fallout 3.”

The two new episodes announced today are called Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Both will release on PS3, 360 and PC.

Point Lookout features a “massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content,” and will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC for 800 MS Points. The PS3 version will release after Broken Steel hits the console.

Mothership Zeta allows you to “experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you’re tough enough to survive.” Xbox 360 an PC users get it in late July for 800 Points. PS3 gamers will see it after Point Lookout releases.

In addition, three new Fallout 3 products will release on disc over the next six months.

From the press release:

• Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on June 12th across Europe.
  • Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes Broken Steel and Point Lookout on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August across Europe.
  • A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for £39.99 / €59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and £29.99 / €49.99 for PC.

Consider that well and truly milked, then.

1. No_PUDding

Oh god, who gives a shit :/

DLC….

2. Razor

Anti-climax :|

3. ChrisPilote

That was it? An embargo…for THAT?

4. Tiger Walts

Is that all, I doubt any really cares… unless you have a PS3, in which case you’ll be happy.

5. DaMan

Pfft…

6. Syrok

Boring. :(

7. DS1086

I have a PS3. But I don’t care about this.

8. Freek

Everybody gets DLC, everybody’s happy. Was that all?

9. SplatteredHouse

Well. I’ll be getting the GOTY edition, in October, then.

10. dazzadavie

knew it had to be something along the lines of DLC

11. Seraphemz

damn..i wish i cared..

12. Tiger Walts

13. No_PUDding

Hey, it’s his job, you know.

Good on him. It’s our fault, we should have learnt by now. And yet still enough people came by to crash the site!

14. No_PUDding

@TigerWalts xD

15. juuken

-.-
    I am considering Fallout 3 to replace that X-men game I bought so, yay?

16. The Benny

It’s good news for PS3 owners and I know a couple who’ll be very pleased (and another who traded it who might be a little annoyed).

Generally though, it’s DLC lots of people suspected would find its way to the PS3 in some form, and the reveal of the Point Lookout thing we were expecting anyway, in spite of Bethesda’s recent non-denial. So it is a little bit of an anti-climax.

17. RoyBrown

I have a PS3.

And I dont care.

I dont need to pay $10 extra for 4 hours to be added onto a 100 hour long game.

2 of the 3 expansions launched broken on 360, that isnt attractive to me.

I wont be buying them at all.

I think VG247 would be amazed at the reaction to PS3 GTA IV DLC also.

I have a PS3, and I can honestly say, I dont give a fuck about that garbage either.

I have 0 trophies for GTA IV as I never play the game anymore. And I wouldnt buy the expansions. By the time PS3 gets them I will be playing God of War III, in which case I dont give a fuck about anything GTA related.

18. Mafro

Hyperbole.

19. gorman

Hmmmm… not really something worth of the anticipation it generated. It was fun while it lasted.

20. Quiiick

I have Fallout 3 on a PS3. Enjoyed the game for more than 100 hours.
    But I really don’t care about this. DLC, pfff…

21. El_MUERkO

where’s pat hiding?

/sharpens stick

22. Gekidami

I hope Point Lookout is Fallout 3′s Shivering Isles. Mothership Zeta sounds like a lame single mission though, seriously, stuff like that should be patched in for free…

23. tenthousandgothsonacid

I think publishers are overestimating how well DLC will sell long after the game is initially published…

24. Patrick Garratt

Well, I thought it was exciting, anyway.

*goes back to writing about financials*

25. The Benny

Pat did say this was specifically “fanboy action” and likely to generate a nasty response from that audience, which it probably will. I’m sure Sony fanboys are claiming victory at this moment while 360 fanboys are trying to brush it off as old content.

26. deftangel

That’s it? :)

I don’t doubt over on certain forums there is a fanboy war raging on this particular topic but it’s by far the most underwhelming on the posited scenarios!

Still I did muse to myself it was very quiet the last week or two prior to E3. Can’t be good for CPM!

27. Benjo1981

That’s it? Other sites have posted this with little to no fanfare. Why hype this non-event? Most of us assumed it would come to PS3 at some point anyway. The more who get to play Fallout, the better…it’s a great game!

28. Psychotext

Tiger Walts: “You might want to make sure the database field that holds the comment text is big enough for Shatner’s response to all this :P”

You son of a bitch, you nearly choked me with the apple I was eating! 8O

29. Goliath

I’m shocked! :o *sarcasm*

30. XDamage

Well, after 100 hours with Fallout 3 the DLC has to be pretty insanely good and substansial enough for my to even consider buying it.
    None of the stuff that came out for the 360 seem to fall
    into that category.

31. No_PUDding

More megatons please :)

32. Lutz

You know, I’d probably agree with Shatner round about now.

I feel dirty.

See what you’ve done Pat!

/scrubs

33. Captain Fruitloop

This is going in the same file as “VG247 Exclusive: Sony Bloke to move to RTW!” and “Let’s try get some poor girl at Travellers Tales fired because of something she put in her online CV!”

34. Mike

What was that one? I missed it.

35. Syrok

While they are at it they could release Shivering Isle for the PS3.

36. RoyBrown

Syrok?

Are you kidding.

Shiverig Isles is on the US PSN.

Not only that, but it also comes with the PS3 GOTY edition.

37. Syrok

It’s not on the European PSN though and the GOTY version is pretty uninteresting if you bought the normal version a year earlier. :(

38. Razor

Europeans getting an under supported PSN store?

There’s a surprise.

39. BartonFink

Why the hell would this upset the fantards?

40. abigsmurf

Incredibly lame to oversell such a dull piece of news.

41. Lutz

Also, each pack costing 800 points, is 4000 points. That’s about £34.

On release date you can guarantee that you can pick up the GOTY version for £30.

42. JesteR

I guess i get the GOTY edition. Makes no sense to buy all 5 DLCs seperatly for my PS3.

43. Syrok

“£39.99 / €59.99″

Hmm, the publisher isn’t very good at currency conversion.

£39.99 is around €45.

44. anasui

ROFL

Poor Pat, he thought this would please the Sony stronghold this community is. Perhaps he was referring to himself and the rest of the crew with the “fanboy” thingie :D

45. Lutz

Syrok: The UK-ers moan that that they have it bad in regards to £ to $, but the Euro lot have it *really* fucking bad. Many of them just import UK.

46. gigz

LOL THIS IS EXCITING !!
    ive been waiting for this newsss.. /sarcasm..

47. Syrok

@Lutz: Yup, that’s what I do. Usually saves me at least €15. Including postage.

48. Robo_1

Game of the year edition it is then. Exclusives lol.

49. SticKboy

I just sold this (along with the official strategy guide) – only started playing it last Friday, really not my cup o’ tea…

50. Dr.Ghettoblaster

HOLY $HIT THIS NEWS IS FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51. G1GAHURTZ

STOP THE PRESS!!!!!!!!!!

CANCEL E3!!!!!!!!!!!!!1110NEELEVEN

THIS IS TEH NOOZ STOREY OF TEH YEARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. bytemap

I don’t get it. When the heads of Fallout 3 mention that the DLC for the PS3, “there are no announced plans”, people become irate at the lack of support for the PS3. (even though they would hope to get supported on the PS3)

And the fact they release the information others have craved to known and majority are BORED?! Guess you can’t please everyone. I mean come on, it’s not like they were going to announce a new game.

I say don’t get bought into any companies marketing hype, because at the end of the day, that’s what the company wants us to do so we shell out the cash for their games. This is not an insult direct to everyone here, just an observation on how everyone reacts.

I believe this is great news for PS3 fans. To be honest, the whole thing with DLC is just a way to garner sales towards a specific console. In all reality, everyone will and most likely get the same thing, especially if a game is multi-platform (in most cases). I can only assume :D

Thanks for the info VG247 :)

53. Syrok

Well said bytemap. Here, have a cookie. :)

54. Syrok

Double post

55. Esha

My favourite platform for Fallout 3 is still the PC, before they released the GECK (modding toolset) I really could have cared less, but since then the modding scene has exploded (in a good way).

So to Bethesda I say; if you really want to make a lot of people happy with you, allow PC-created mods to run on the console versions. UT3 did it, so there’s no excuse.

Gigz: Oh, absolutely. Yes.

/sigh

It’s not a big thing but developers showing ever more and more support for Sony’s console is a good thing, isn’t it? It’s not a massive bit of news, but it will make some people happy.

56. dQuarters

Awe, fiddlesticks. You mean Bethesda’s not releasing Jesus Christ 3.0? What a let down.
    /sarcasm

Blame others for the hype they generated all you want. But don’t blame them for the fact that you fell for it.
    When I see “story” headlines about UPCOMING news I think, “Let me know when it’s ACTUAL news”.

This is good/actual news. Thanks for the heads up, Pat. Be sure to let us know when they finnish coding it post-release.

In other news, Gametrailers will be uploading a really important video sometime this year. It might be footage of Kojima giving birth to Will Wright’s quintuplets.
    I await with baited breath.

57. ross_k

Good news, I love this game, almost got platinum aswell. :D

58. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Fallout 3 is a great game and as a PS3 owner I’ve been jealous of my X360 friend who has shown me the “exlusive” DLC for this game. Now, finally, we PS3 users get to experience the same joy in our own homes. This is awesome news no matter how you prefer to analyze/spin it…

59. Shatner

When you don’t make a comment in the pre-hype thread or the thread following the actual news and STILL people talk about you as if you had..

..that’s when you know you’re an internet superstar.

If you want me, speak to my agent. :D

60. SniperWolf

so much only on Xbox 360

61. Whizzo

It never was only on Xbox 360.

62. Michael O'Connor

Oh god, so many raging fanboys…

Sometimes Pat, I don’t know how you manage to put up with.

I’ve already got this game on 360, and even *I* find this news exciting! It’s great to see this content is coming to the PS3 for those who want to enjoy it.

And whoever said this stuff only adds 4 hours of play time, you clearly haven’t played it all. Especially Broken Steel.

63. SniperWolf

@Whizzo .. didn’t Microsoft said this is only on XBOX 360? yes they did so you fail.

64. SniperWolf

@Michael O’Connor .. i agree with you . it is good news

65. Aimless

The PC isn’t an Xbox 360, SniperWolf.

66. SwiftRanger

They better fix the crash bugs first.

67. Whizzo

“didn’t Microsoft said this is only on XBOX 360? yes they did so you fail.”

Sniperwolf = FAIL EXTREME!

68. SniperWolf

@Aimless “The PC isn’t an Xbox 360, SniperWolf.”

So ????

69. SniperWolf

@Whizzo “Sniperwolf = FAIL EXTREME!”

i think you don’t know what are you talking about..
    check Microsoft conference at E3 2008

Whizzo = EXTREME FAILURE

70. Whizzo

And two words crop up in every single one of those stories “and PC”. How exactly is that “only on Xbox 360″?

71. SniperWolf

@Whizzo
    they said it is only on xbox 360 and pc to make it clear for you, and they said it is exclusive to Xbox 360 and pc do you get it now.
    no PS3 DLC

72. Whizzo

So it wasn’t only on Xbox 360 then?

73. Whizzo

So your original statement was incorrect?

74. Whizzo

Thank you for clearing that up, so I’m not in a fail state after all?

75. Shatner

Well, you fail at using the edit button pretty good.

76. Whizzo

Only if I wanted to use it.

77. SniperWolf

sorry if i offended you in a way or another it just a joke.
    about my statement what is wrong with it, it is perfect,
    Microsoft said this DLC is exclusive to xbox 360 and pc and it is not coming to ps3.
    which right now they announced it to the ps3 and that makes the exclusivity “So much”.

78. Whizzo

“about my statement what is wrong with it, it is perfect,”

Comedy gold, thanks for playing.

79. JonFE

SniperWolf, you went to all this trouble searching for internet articles to back up your claim, yet -apparently- you didn’t read them well enough. Please check the three quotes from the respective articles you linked, to find out what you’ve missed (hint: it’s in bold):

Bethesda’s Todd Howard has announced that downloadable content will be made available for Fallout 3 exclusively for PC and Xbox 360.

Bethesda game director Todd Howard just announced that “substantial” Fallout 3 downloadable content will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and PC.

At Microsoft’s 2008 E3 press conference this morning, Bethesda announced that the eagerly anticipated next chapter in the Fallout series will feature extensive downloadable content that is exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game. No details on what the DLC will entail, but according to Bethesda’s Todd Howard it will be “substantial.”

80. No_PUDding

Like Psychotext, I will present this. (apparently in Yoda’s grammar)

‘The point’> ~
    JonFE’s head> O

Look at that point fly clean over his head!

Anywaym all this does is tell everyone that any 3rd party exclsuive from the 360 will come to the PS3. Which is good for Splinter Cell. And Mass Effect 2

81. Psychotext