E3 still on despite California’s swine flu concerns

Thursday, 7th May 2009 16:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

e3logo

E3 organizers say the show must go on, despite the State of Emergency issued by ‘governator’ Arnold Schwarzenegger over swine flu concerns.

“The 2009 E3 Expo is progressing as planned,” an ESA spokesperson told MCV. “Public health officials are taking all appropriate steps and we continue to follow their direction on all measures.

“We look forward to a great event, and to seeing you in Los Angeles in June.”

E3 takes place June 2 to 4 in Los Angeles.

1. hitnrun

To be honest, even if the panic wasn’t completely overwrought nonsense (so far in the US out of 600ish cases it’s killed a migrant Mexican baby with health complications and a mother in childbirth and is therefore comparable to any other strain of flu), the danger would be fairly minimal considering that almost all the attendees are not actually native to southern California. At worst they could just issue a travel warning about carousing around the city at night.

2. No_PUDding

One of the GI editor’s twittered to a fake BBC news site yesterday, with ‘zombism’ scares.

I am not a fucking idiot, but I spent 15 minutes mulling over how fucking scary it is, before realising that it wasn’t the BBC url.

3. XDamage

I feel sorry for the people who genuinely feel scared of this media created hysteria.

4. Roybott

@No_PUDding you mean this one: http://tinyurl.com/bbczombie

I thought that was great (amusing and well made I mean)

5. Stephany Nunneley

@XDamage I know what you mean. As soon as the news broke after the bouts in Mexico City, my older brother was on the horn yelling at me to go buy up all the surgical masks I could find.

Poor fella has a CNN IV-drip attached to him, among other sorts of drips that make him paranoid, but loads of fun to discuss at parties ;-)

6. No_PUDding

Yeah Roybott xD That one!

Oh man, and now I am watching Jamie Kennedy at the Activision E3 thing… And now I have moved onto the Sony 2006 E3 conference.

Oh man, so many laughs thus far. I am so glad Sony are so much more awesome now.

7. Psychotext

Booth babes in surgical masks…

…hawt! :D

8. No_PUDding

Apart from the wii60.com ending.

Now it’s not $599 and it has a lot more compelling software. But it was hilarious editing.

9. No_PUDding

There goes Stephany with more euphemisms… Referring to us as a ‘party’.

10. DaMan

agreed with XDamage, though any flu is very bad anyway..