Gunstar Heroes could be coming to Xbox Live

Tuesday, 28th April 2009 14:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

gunstarheroes

A listing over on Xbox360achievements suggests that Sega’s Gunstar Heroes may be coming to Xbox Live Arcade sometime soon.

Achievements for the game are worth 200 in total and range from all major boss battles to beginning the game with each weapon.

Sega has yet to announce the run and gunner, so until it’s made official, keep your shirt on.

Via Joystiq.

1. Retroid

It’s as-good-as and has been for ages, the achievements list is just the latest semi-confirmation :)

2. Michael O'Connor

A HD Gunstar Heroes?!

Some help me up, I think I just fainted…

3. Lutz

As per usual with the MD games, SHITE achievements!

Michael: It won’t be HD, it’ll be SD with an airbrush on the pixels.

4. Michael O'Connor

How do you know that for sure?

Way to crush my hopes and dreams. :’(

5. Lutz

Because it’ll mean a remake, instead of a bit of emu software.

None of the others (Sonic, Streets of Rage, Speedball 2 etc) are in HD. They’re just blown up versions in SD with the “edges” cleaned up a bit.

Still, Gunstar is still fucking awesome. Hopefully 400msp too.

6. Robo_1

7. Blerk

I’m too shit for Gunstar Heroes.

8. Lutz

You didn’t need the “for Gunstar Heroes” bit.

;)

/hugs Blerk

9. BillyBatts

Confirmed then, surely? They wouldn’t bother drawing up achievements unless it was, right?

10. Michael O'Connor

“Where’s the pic at the top from? Looks lush if that’s what we can expect from a remake.”

That’s a Fanart of what they’d expect the game to look like if it was remade in HD.

“I’m too shit for Gunstar Heroes.”

When I was a kid, I was able to beat this game with my eyes closed. Playing it recently? I got my ass handed to me on a platter.

11. Lutz

You’re just shite then.
    /can still do this on hard.
    :P

12. Deanzor

I doubt it’s a HD version.

I bet it’s just the Megadrive one running in emulation.

13. Shatner

I used to beat Gunstar Heroes every day when I had it on my Megadrive. What a great, great action game. Bags of charm in it. Come on guys, it’s not that tough! Dynamite Headdy and Alien Soldier are much trickier.

As much as I love the game, persuing achievements would kill my love for it. I caned Castlevania: SOTN on XBLA and I don’t think I’ll ever enjoy playing that game again. I’ve learned my lesson.