Rumour: First MAG shots posted

Monday, 6th April 2009 09:17 GMT By Patrick Garratt

mag2

These were knocking about at rubbish resolution at the weekend, but Destructoid’s got a nice set of what are apparently the first MAG screens. There’s some art there as well.

They look a bit too good to be fake, to be fair. But that doesn’t mean they’re not.

The Zipper PS3 shooter’s out later this year.

1. Hero of Canton

I’d say they’re real but they’re bullshots, if that makes any kind of sense.

2. Patrick Garratt

I reckon they’re on the money, personally. All looks real-time. They don’t look in-game, though. As in, there’s no HUD.

3. Hero of Canton

I dunno. I’m pretty sure there’s a bit of touching-up going on there. Something oddly unreal about it (and I’m not talking about the engine, ho ho).

4. G1GAHURTZ

They seem a mixed bag.

There’s one screen where the shadows seem broken. One that raises some questions about gameplay (the one where eveyone’s under fire, but seem content to chill out, and pose for the camera). And one that seems a bit questionable, which is the one with the fire, loads of smoke and two plane loads of parachutes dropping.

Either way, none of these show anything like up to 250 players. Which makes me think that the game might be zonal (You only ever get a certain amount of players in one zone at a time).

5. Gekidami

Why is Destructoid calling these the “first screenshots”? A couple were already released ages ago.

6. Mad-elph

G1GA – I am pretty sure the said it was going to be zonal anyway.

The thing I am concerned about, why do all the shots shows yellow trails for the bullets? It’s like looking at someone smudging fireflies across the screen.

7. SERAPHEMZ

DAMN !!! FPS… that sucks.

8. SlayerGT