OXM to include NXE upgrade disc in next issue

Wednesday, 18th March 2009 23:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

avatarsa

OXM will include the New Xbox Experience dashboard update in it’s next issue.

Now, those without internet access with be able to obtain the new UI with the included disc. You will need this eventually: soon it’ll be a non-negotiable update to play new games.

The bright side to being forced into the 21st Century is that you along with the rest of us will have a goofy avatar.

Progress is a wonderful thing.

1. onyxbox

1) Do you still need a memory card for this update?

2) NXE is horrible IMO

2. trav

1) Only if you don’t have Jasper 360 me thinks

2) Agreed

3. hitnrun

If Microsoft wants to put my money where their mouth is with all their DLC chest puffing, they can charge me 800 MS points to get rid of NXE.

4. Blerk

The anti-NXE brigade is very amusing. What’s so terrible about it, exactly? I think it’s really nice.

5. crackdude

yeah, nxe is great.. makes the system faster and is more functional

6. Retroid

NXE = great

Certainly better than the old blade interface. They just need to give Marketplace a kick up the arse & get it to cache more.

7. SticKboy

It certainly works a lot better for me. If you don’t want to customise an avatar, just use a template one! The new tab-style GUI is much easier to navigate than blades, IMHO.

8. Len

I still haven’t got/bothered with an avatar…just go to the dashboard and ignore.

I do like the NXE setup though, much more user friendly and if you don’t like it just use the small blades you can pull up. Problem solved…

9. Rhythm

Have they removed the shitty blades bit of the 360? That interface was *awful*.

10. Blerk

Yeah, it’s all like “Cover Flow” now. The blades are still there but in miniature form, hidden under the guide button.