Wheelman goes gold, confirmed for March 27

Friday, 13th March 2009 10:20 GMT By Patrick Garratt

wheelmana1

Wheelman’s gold, Ubi an Midway said this morning, and will release on March 27.

Watch us playing the driving action thing here. We were great.

Press release after the break.

MIDWAY AND UBISOFT ANNOUNCE WHEELMAN HAS GONE “GOLD”

CHICAGO, IL and PARIS, FRANCE – March 12, 2009 – Today, Midway and Ubisoft announced that Wheelman has gone gold for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and PC. Wheelman is scheduled for a March 24, 2009, ship date in North America and a March 27, 2009 street date in Europe for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Wheelman is rated 16+ by PEGI.

Combining spectacular Hollywood-style stunts with a gripping storyline, Wheelman provides an adrenaline-fueled, cinematic thrill ride. Vin Diesel stars as an undercover agent and highly skilled driver who must infiltrate the Barcelona underworld to gather intelligence surrounding a covert heist. Posing as a driver-for-hire, he ends up caught in a crossfire of corruption and chaos while trying to stay one step ahead of local law enforcement and rival gangs.

###

WHEELMAN is a trademark of Midway Home Entertainment Inc. “PlayStation”, “PLAYSTATION” and “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

1. Blerk

I downloaded the demo of this last night but didn’t get around to trying it.

2. nicotinic

I played the demo on Xbox 360 a few days back and I longed to end the pain…I kept playing because I wanted to give it a chance…then I HAD to stop. I assure you that this game is horrible. The supposed “cool” aspects such as slow motion, the vechicle as a weapon mechanic and turbo boost did not enhance my experience. I must state that turbo is possible on any vehicle. One car in particular seemed as if it was a vintage european classic and it too had turbo(a meter you build up). The driving sequence had huge arrows on the walls telling me where to go during a police chase. The physics are off by a mile and crashing a car was just a minor inconvience as if the walls were made of rubber and the environmental objects are composed of paper mache. I may have been jaded by GTA but give me a break Vin. It just isn’t fun.

I went long but I want to save you guys some money.

3. Gekidami

Apparently Vin Diesel’s dev team want to make an MMO now, i bet thay’ll be nothing but quality, i hope ‘Vin Diesel’ is a class in the game.

4. nicotinic

Dieselvinians… I can imagine a cool initial concept but an MMO would ultimately fail. It’s hard to get an MMO off the ground to begin with and when one tosses in his micromanagment philosopy too boot I believe the game’s development would be even futher hindered.

5. Deanzor

There’s also the fact that he’s obviously an absolute toss ring.

6. Hero of Canton

Knows his games, though. This and Riddick are a joy to play. Simple, unpretentious, well-made fun. Can’t ask for much more than that, really*.

*Better on-foot stuff, perhaps.