Eurogamer Benelux announced and launched

Monday, 18th August 2008 10:18 GMT By Patrick Garratt

egnl.jpg

Eurogamer’s launched the latest of its European language sites, Eurogamer Benelux.

The venture’s being headed up by Steven De Leeuw, who has previously worked for Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux, and other previous staffers from Gamer.nl. These include Eurogamer Benelux editors in chief Yarno Ritzen and Michiel de Vries, and contributors Philip Cremers, Erwin Vogelaar, Rutger Luiten and Frans Coehoorn.

“We have very high hopes for Eurogamer Benelux and expect it to be a leading site in the region before long. We’ve partnered with a great team and we all can’t wait to get the new site established,” said Eurogamer MD Rupert Loman.

Press release after the link.

Eurogamer continues European expansion with Benelux launch

Press Release

Brighton, England, August 18th, 2008: Eurogamer today announces the newest addition to its European network of websites – Eurogamer Benelux. The Dutch site is now live at www.eurogamer.nl with a version for Belgium coming soon.

Eurogamer Benelux is being headed up by Steven De Leeuw, who has previously worked for Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux. He can count on a dedicated team of journalists who previously wrote for Gamer.nl. These include Eurogamer Benelux editors in chief Yarno Ritzen and Michiel de Vries, and contributors Philip Cremers, Erwin Vogelaar, Rutger Luiten and Frans Coehoorn.

Eurogamer’s managing director Rupert Loman said, “We have very high hopes for Eurogamer Benelux and expect it to be a leading site in the region before long. We’ve partnered with a great team and we all can’t wait to get the new site established.”

Eurogamer Benelux managing director Steven De Leeuw added, “Our experienced team of passionate gamers and the well known Eurogamer network both make sure that the future is looking very bright for all Dutch gamers. We’re certain that Eurogamer Benelux will be the site to go to in no time.”

Eurogamer Benelux, as well as representatives of Eurogamer.net, Eurogamer.de, Eurogamer.fr and Eurogamer.pt will be attending the Games Convention in Leipzig this week.

1. morriss

Congrats and good luck etc.

2. Psychotext

All part of Rupert’s plan to take over the world.

YankGamer coming soon! \o/

3. rauper

If it’s not in Europe I’m not interested!

4. Psychotext

Continentism!

5. morriss

Still scared of Scandinavia, I see! ;)

/throws down Gauntlet

6. mart

/picks up gauntlet

Err, I think you dropped this?

7. Blerk

Whenever I see ‘Benelux’ I always think of washing machines.

8. Syrok

Oh, very good timing.
    This will help me learn dutch. :)

9. prodygee

Syrok, don’t. Learn Japanese it’s cooler.

(I AM Dutch, and it sounds so stupid)

Benelux stands for Belgium Netherlands Luxembourg, just so that you know. It’s all in Dutch bleh, I always check amazing English sites, they’re always the first.

10. El_MUERkO

so eurogamer.ru next?

11. Syrok

@prodygee: It does sound funny; ruins the whole atmosphere when you play Uncharted for instance in Dutch and I keep on laughing at the enemies when they shouting at me, but I more or less have to learn as I will spend quite some time there soon. :)
    I love the sound of the Japanese language so I will learn it at some stage.

12. EdwardTivrusky

No El_MUERkO, eurogamer.co.uk next! :)

heh, Rauper has pointed out that eurogamer.co.uk already works. I’ll stop flogging my dead donkey of a joke now. :)

13. SticKboy

Und now, ve vill take uver ZE VURLD!

14. Freek

That joke would have worked when Eurogamer.de launched, but unfortunatly the dutch don’t have a german accent, it is infact much worse. As many of my fellow countrymen have pointed out: it is a dreadfull language.

15. Syrok

So is German. :)

Altough I’ve met someone from England who thought German was sexy…