Burnout Paradise Davis delayed a month, looks incredible

Tuesday, 5th August 2008 19:53 GMT By Patrick Garratt

burnoutparadisea4.jpg

Burnout Paradise’s Jeremy Chubb’s posted on the US PlayStation Blog to say the game’s Davis update has been pushed back into September.

It was supposed to be coming out this month, but c’est la vie.

On a brighter note, Davis is the bike patch, and promises to be fucking amazing, so a slip of a few weeks is fine by us. And by you, right?

Take a look. There are some lovely screens through there.

1. ecu

2. patlike

I’ll ask them. I think it’s amazing, really. And unprecedented. They’re basically completely reinventing the game through DLC.

3. Psychotext

It’s very impressive. I’ll be picking it up to support them for this sort of thing.

4. morriss

I’m going to have to rebuy this, I reckon. Pat’s right, it’s like a completely different game now.

5. ecu

I haven’t bought it yet, I’m slightly intimidated by all the DLC available!

6. Syrok

If you like social racing games (there I invented a new category)you’ll love BP had have absolutly no reason not to pick it up.

In my opinion. :)

7. Michael

“I can’t believe how much support they’ve given this game. Is there a list of all the things they’ve added since release?”

Cagney changes: http://www.criteriongames.com/comingsoon/cagney.php

The “patch” before that was mainly just tightening up the gameplay, removing unfair gameplay advantages and bugs, and just streamlining the whole thing.

Ironically I used to be against the whole idea of consoles games being capable of being patched, but thanks to this game, well… *grins*

8. Gamoc

I may have to get this again, it’s support is unrivalled, even amongst PC games. Must…get…money…