Here. There’s a ton of info on an upcoming patch fro Criterion’s excellent open-world racer, but not date on when it’s going to be released. It looks like a deep fix for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, targeting glitches from audio to not-so-random pauses.
The ten biggest issues addressed by the update will be:
- PS3 game can crash when a player is taken down and the player that has performed the Takedown leaves the game.
- The game indefinitely displays “Connecting to Paradise City Servers” if it’s having problems pinging the rebroadcast server.
- Disconnecting the controller before a race begines can mean that race timings can be manipulated with players who didn’t cross the line first being awarded the win
- Repeatedly joining and leaving a game with 8 players can cause the game to hang.
- Hammering the A (360) or X (PS3) after unlocking a car can cause the game to hang.
- East Crawford and Watt St achievements can not be achieved if the player goes online and sets road rules before attempting them.
- Audio distortion when using 5.1 / DTS and looking rearwards.
- Enhanced 360 streaming performance stops instances where the game seems to pause for a second or so.
- Total time driven in player stats would stick at 145 hours
- VoIP connection problems with 8 player games.
Hit the link for more.