It time for a list of headlines from the US portion of your news day. Get caught up below.
Johnny's wrap is through here in case you missed it.
- Iwata owns 3DS issues, halves his salary in the process
- EA Sports unveils global cover stars for FIFA Soccer 12
- “We’re buoyed by the innovation that’s ahead of us,” says Rare
- Sega posts £17 million quarterly loss, sees sales fall
- Various digital offerings from Ubisoft on sale at Get Game
- ArenaNet to reveal new Guild Wars 2 demo and PvP at gamescom
- Toy Story content hitting LBP2 on August 3
- Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team hitting PSN on August 2
- Ocarina of Time 3D becomes first million seller on 3DS
- Norway store cans 51 brands after Oslo, Utøya murders
- Brink’s Agents of Change DLC releasing next week on August 3
- More rumors of Mirror’s Edge 2 using Frostbite 2 pop up
- Ubisoft announces EG Expo line-up
- Bioware releases SWTOR developer walkthrough for Esseles flashpoint
- Vindictus Europe teaser site opens, video released
- Quick Quotes: Kinect can potentially revolutionize player-character interaction
- Dragon Age Legends and Marvel SHSO talks announced for GDC Online
- Quick Quotes: Original Xbox co-creator on proudest career moment
- Rumor – Blockbuster UK list has PS Vita down for October 28 release
- Friday Shorts the Third: Mario FPS, Rock Band 3, SCII, Minecraft, Move
Iwata takes part of the blame for the lack of 3DS sales, and has cut his salary in half as part of the price reduction process. Hey BP, EXXON, Enron, Walmat - take note of this.
More footballers, more countries, more players. More FIFA 12.
Rare doesn't get upset when you ask if it will ever make a "core" title again. We just want more effing Conker.
Sega has lost money, and it sounds like it wants to dip more toes into the social and smartphone pool from here on out.
Ubisoft has digital offerings up for 30 to 75 percent off. Get games at Get Games, ya know.
Those attending gamescom will be in for a treat with Guild Wars 2. PvP, cosplay, and not in that order.
Because both are so adorable, Media Molecule wants to kill you with a double dose of adorable. We'll visit you in the hospital.
It's already out on 360. Now the PS3 crowd is getting it.
Hooray for Link. We hope Zelda shows her "appreciation" at some point.
Norway's version of a smaller Walmart has decided to pull 51 brands of games and toys after an psychotic madman when on a rampage in the country last week.
Brink's DLC is coming next week as promised, and it's free for two weeks.
Another day, another Mirror's Edge 2 rumor.
Ubisoft will be bringing quite a few games to the EG Expo in September.
Another SWTOR developer diary has been released, and this one shows the inside of a ship.
This looks like a very interesting MMO. Hopefully we can make time to try it out this fall.
Kinect is amazing and can do wonderful things.
More talks for GDC Online have been announced.
One of the creators of Xbox is proud he helped inspire Sony to investment in developer support.
Since we didn't say it in the regular news post because we were trying to be nice, we're calling bullshit on this one. Maybe if it had been a GameStop listing we would have been more ladylike. Probably not,though.
This last dose of shorts for the day contains information on everything you see in the title. Yes, it's that short.
Have a nice Friday night, and I'll see you tomorrow.