Final Fantasy 14 Online patch 5.45 arrives today, headlined by the latest chapter in the Save the Queen quest series.
Patch 5.45 continues the battle for the Bozjan southern front, and also introduces a new large-scale battle, Delubrum Reginae to the world of Final Fantasy 14 Online. The battle is set in the ruins of Queen Gunnhildr’s kingdom beneath the wastes of the Bozja Citadel.
Save the Queen is a multi-part adventure featuring a story written by Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 12), who also penned the narrative for the Return to Ivalice alliance raid series in Stormblood.
Patch 5.45 brings a variety of updates for players on PC, Mac, and PS4, which you can look over below:
- Resistance Weapon Quests Update: “Save the Queen: Past to Rest” – The battle for the southern front wages on, and having failed to retake Castrum Lacus Litore, chances of victory appear slim for the Resistance. This next exciting chapter of the “Save the Queen” quest series continues the story penned by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno.
- New Large-Scale Battle Content: “Delubrum Reginae” – This new battle content includes a 24-player normal mode and high-difficulty 48-player savage mode for players to undertake.
- Resistance Weapon Updates – Players who advance the “Save the Queen” questline will be able to further upgrade their Resistance Weapons to an additional two tiers in Patch 5.45. The second upgrade tier will also allow players to customize certain parameters on the weapon to match their playstyle.
- Blue Mage Update – Blue mage receives a number of new updates, including an increased level cap to 70, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- Skysteel Tool Update – Disciples of the Land and Hand can further upgrade their Skysteel Tools to aid in crafting and gathering.
- New emotes, hairstyles, furnishings, mounts, minions, fashion accessories, and more.
Additionally, the Final Fantasy 14 Announcement Showcase livestream will go live on February 5 at 5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST/February 6 at 1:30am UK.
If you’ve never given the MMORPG a try, the game’s Free Trial has been expanded to include content up to the end of the Heavensward expansion. You can create up to eight playable characters and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime.
The previous 5.4 patch, called Futures Rewritten, was released on December 8. If you missed it, check out the trailer for it above.