Destiny 2 players have plenty of in-game fun to look forward in July, such as the Solstice of Heroes event . Changes are also coming to the Crucible.
Destiny 2 players will be able to participate in the Solstice of Heroes event when it kick off on July 31.
As we previously told you, the Solstice of Heroes event will be the only way to acquire level 400 power armor, before the Forsaken expansion hits in September. Bungie will provide more details on the event closer to launch.
Check out the schedule in the image below.
Crucible Ranks and the Crucible Playlist will receive an update when 1.2.3 drops on Tuesday, July 17.
Bungie provided a preview of the patch notes containing information on the Crucible changes, and you can find those below.
Destiny 2 update 1.2.3 Crucible changes – preview
Crucible Playlist Update
- Increasing player configuration to 6v6 and updating the playlist description
- Removing Supremacy from the pool of available game modes
- Updating Control win score to 150
- Control Zones will initially be neutral
- Updating Clash win score to 100
- Bomb Fuse timer in Countdown lowered from 40 seconds to 35 seconds
- Rumble will become a full-time playlist
- Supremacy will be added to the weekly featured playlist, updated to 6v6, and have a win score of 150
Crucible Ranks Update
- Players will be able to earn Valor rank from additional playlists:
- Crucible Labs
- Iron Banner
- Trials of The Nine
- Joining a game in progress will protect your Valor Win Streak for that game
- If you lose: No penalties incurred to your Valor Win Streak
- If you win: Valor Win Streak increases
- Players will be matched using their Glory rank
- This means your opponents will be of similar rank to you
- The higher you climb, the tougher the opponent
- Glory Loss Streaks will be re-tuned to be less punishing over time
- Consecutive losses will decrease the Rank Points lost instead of increasing
- Streaks will still cap out at 5
- All Rank Streaks will no longer reset once they hit their cap
Other changes are coming to Destiny 2 in July, and more previews of the patch notes leading up to release will be provided.
For a quick rundown of all the recent news this week, check out Arekkz’s video.