Rockstar Games has swung the axe at the GTA 4 soundtrack, chopping down 30-plus songs as licenses expire.
One of them is The Smashing Pumpkins’ 1979 so it’s not all bad news. And a lot of the tracks are from Russian pop station Vladivostok FM, which was more about creating atmosphere than getting heads nodding. Although Ruslana’s Wild Dances still fucking slaps, son.
But still, a stack of songs that can only be described as 100 percent BANGERZ have been shit-canned because someone didn’t want to give Papoose his royalties.
So out go metal pioneers Black Sabbath, angry thrash-punks Cro-Mags, the sublime ELO, Terror Squad founder and star of Scary Movie 3 Fat Joe and Five-Percenters Brand Nubian, among others. There’s no justice.
We decided to make a quick playlist of the songs that have been sacked off, because we care, and it’s Friday so any distraction is welcome.
Here it is, or at least the one’s we could find on Spotify. Uzis, banana clips, what what? I gots some:
Songs removed from the GTA IV soundtrack
- RUSLANA – Wild Dances
- MARAKESH – Jdat
- BLACK SABBATH – Heaven And Hell
- BRAND NUBIAN – All For One
- DOLPHIN – RAP
- MTUME – C.O.D (I’ll Deliver)
- MARLEY MARL FEAT CRAIG G – Droppin’ Science
- RANETKI – O Tebe
- OLEG KVASHA – Zelenoglazoe Taksi (club remix)
- ELO – Evil Woman
- RALPH MYERZ & THE JACK HERREN BAND – The Teacher
- TAMIKO JONES – Can’t Live Without Your Love
- PAPOOSE – Stylin’
- DAVID BOWIE – Fascination
- MICHAEL SHRIEVE: Communiqué: Approach Spiral
- CRO-MAGS: It’s The Limit
- GLUKOZA: Schweine
- GIL SCOTT-HERON: Home Is Where The Hatred Is
- KINO: Gruppa Krovi
- LEEWAY: Enforcer
- THE SMASHING PUMPKINS: 1979
- ANGEL Y KHRIZ: Ven Bailalo
- SPLIN: Liniya Zhizni
- ZVERY: Kvartira
- THE PRAIRIE CARTEL: Homicide
- STEVIE NICKS: Edge Of Seventeen
- FAT JOE FEAT. LIL WAYNE: Crackhouse
- BASTA: Mama
- SERYOGA: King Ring
- LENINGRAD: Nikogo Ne Zhalko
- RICHIE SPICE: Youths So Cold
- TERRY RILEY: A Rainbow In Curved Air
It’s worth noting that Rockstar has added a few new songs to the GTA 4 soundtrack, but it’s not like you get nostalgic for something you haven’t experienced yet.
Songs added to the GTA IV soundtrack
- Global Communication: 5:23
- AYVENGO: Reprezenty
- SERYOGA: Mon Ami (ft. Maks Lorens)
- RIFFMASTER: Riffmaster Tony
- DELICE: Goryacheye Leto
- ZHENYA FOKIN: Noch?ju
- KIEVELEKTRO: Gulyaj, Slavyane!! (ft. Alyona Vinnitskaya)
- AYVENGO: Underground
- SERYOGA: Chiki
- RICHIE SPICE: Youth Dem Cold
- SERYOGA: Dobav? Skorost
- ALEKSEY BOLSHOY: YA Nenavizhu Karaoke
- RIFFMASTER: Begu (Rancho Song)
Thanks to Sniper296 for trawling through he txt files.