Arms’ first update delivers on promised spectator mode.
Arms has only been out for a couple of months, but we already know what lies in store for the first couple of updates.
A new playable character will be making an appearance sometime next month. Max Brass is currently a boss character but soon you’ll be able to try out his moveset for yourself.
In addition to Max Brass, a spectator mode was also promised before the end of the month, and it drops today in update 1.1.0. You can spectate in Arena mode which “focuses on serious 1-on-1 matches.” Up to four players can battle in the arena, while those not participating can watch the action while they wait their turn.
LAN support has been added as well as a few fixes. You can check the full patch notes below:
- “LAN Play” support added. You can now battle against players via LAN. On the Top Menu, click and hold the Left Stick and then press L+R to switch between “Local” and “LAN Play”
- ”Arena Mode” added. This mode focuses on serious 1-on-1 matches and can be played via “Friends,””Local,” or “LAN Play.” Up to 4 players can be in the arena, and players not currently fighting watch as spectators
- Fixed issue where Kid Cobra was able to repeatedly do a charge dash while riding snake boards
- Fixed issue where Barq would warp a great distance away after Byte & Barq perform a rush attack while on a snake board
- Fixed issue where ARMs such as the Chakram would pass through the purple light boxes in the Ribbon Ring stage
- Fixed issue where Biff referred to the “ARMS Grand Prix” as the “AMRS Grand Prix”