Konami has announced Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 will be released in September for PC, PlayStation and Xbox systems.
According to Konami, PES 2018 comes with new features, and modes such as Online Co-op, and Random Selection Match.
The latest edition to the franchise has also had a complete presentation overhaul with lifelike player models, new menus and real player images and integration of PES League across Online modes, including a new 3v3 competitive mode allowing users to join forces to win big prizes.
Here’s a list of features per the press release:
- Gameplay Masterclass – The world renowned gameplay quality has been finely tuned and refined to recreate the authenticity of the beautiful game, including a more realistic game pace. Strategic dribbling gives the user significantly more control in possession, with the addition of contextual shielding to protect the ball, as well as simple stick controls triggering realistic, subtle movements, to wrong foot defenders. Real Touch+ adds a new dimension to ball control, with full body touch allowing various parts of the body to control the ball based on the unpredictability of the ball movement. Set pieces have been reworked with a new FK and PK system, alongside the option to choose the new one player kick off.
- Presentation Overhaul – Brand new in-game redesign to the UI for all menus, as well as real player images added to the gameplan screen and myClub, give the game a new broadcast feel.
- PES League Integration – Compete in PES League in new modes including myClub, Random Selection Match and Online co-op.
- Online Co-Op – A new mode dedicated to 2v2 and 3v3 co-op play, with support for local guests. Play together with friends, take your team to the top or simply have some fun via one-off casual matches.
- New Modes and Features – The fan favorite Random Selection Match returns with new presentation and features. Experience life as manager in Master League with pre-season tournaments, an improved transfer system and new presentation elements, including pre-match interviews and locker room scenes.
- Enhanced Visual Reality – Realistic visuals recreate the authenticity of football, all the way down to the finer details thanks to Real Capture. The benefits include true-to-life stadium lighting for day and night matches, pitch turfs and player tunnels that were recreated from more than 20,000 intricate elements of genuine data collected at the Camp Nou and Signal Iduna Park. Players have been motion captured in equally realistic environments, allowing for a complete rework of the animation system, starting with core movement such as walking, turning and body posture. Additionally, player models have been completely changed, with special attention paid to kit fitting and short size. Player’s photo scanned from partner teams will receive full body tattoos.
- Significant PC Improvements – PC Steam version undergoes substantial enhancements in graphics and content, meeting quality standards and ensuring parity across all current gen platforms.
PES 2018 will be released for PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on September 12 in North America and September 14 in Europe.