Ubisoft has been polling Far Cry players about future directions for the series.
According to a questionnaire obtained by Eurogamer, options include a Far Cry game set during the Vietnam War, a sequel to Far Cry: Blood Dragon and a “Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic world”.
There’s also talk of dinosaurs, zombies (obviously), the Wild West and a return to Far Cry 4’s Shangri-La.
The full listing follows.
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry 4
What options would you go for?