Capcom has released first details of the Capcom Cup, a new global tournament series culminating in world finals in December.
The Capcom Cup was announced at Evo 2013 and is expected to include Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in addition to Ultra Street Fighter 4, which isn’t due for release until early 2014. So far, only qualifiers for Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition have been announced. Capcom released the details in a video, which you can view below, but Gamespot helpfully transcribed them:
- September 7-8 – Treta in Curitiba, Brazil. Winner qualifiers for Capcom Cup Finals
- September 14-15 – The Fall Classic in Raleigh, North Carolina. Winner qualifiers for Capcom Cup Finals
- September 22 – Tokyo Game Show Mad Catz Tournament in Chiba, Japan. Winner qualifies for Capcom Cup Finals
- October 19 – Cafe ID in Seoul, Korea. Top 2 qualify for Asia Finals
- October 26 – Location TBA in Taiwan. Top 2 qualify for Asia Finals
- November 2 – Tough Cookie Gaming Cafe in Singapore. Top 2 qualify for Asia FinalsCup Finals
- November 8-10 – Asia Finals at the Razer Headquarters in Singapore. Top 2 qualify for Capcom Cup Finals
- October 12-13 – Play Expo in Manchester, United Kingdom. Winner qualifies for Capcom Cup Finals
- October 12-13 – Shadowloo Showdown in Flemington, Australia. Winner qualifies for Capcom Cup Finals
Evo champion Xian will be seeded right to the finals, which take place in San Francisco on December 14. Prize details have not been announced.