A report on the average salary paid to employees by gaming companies has revealed that Square Enix holds the top spot, at nearly double the average wage of its nearest competitor.
According to a chart of top average employee compensation produced by Japanese salary tracking website Nensyu Labo, Square Enix employees receive the highest average salary in the gaming industry at 21.68 million yen per year.
Square Enix’s figure is more than double that of Sony, which claimed second place with an average of 9.23 million yen.
The top ten average salaries paid in the gaming sector in Japan read as follows:
- Square Enix: 21.68 million yen
- Sony: 9.23 million yen
- Nintendo: 9.14 million yen
- Sega Sammy Corporation: 8.22 million yen
- Konami: 6.78 million yen
- Namco Bandai Holdings: 6.4 million yen
- Tecmo Koei Holdings: 6.15 million yen
- Gala Japan: 5.91 million yen
- Capcom: 5.71 million yen
- Yuke’s Future Media Creators: 5.65 million yen
Nensyu Labo claims its results are based on public filings.