Hola, gringos. Here are your morning headlines.
- Gears of War 3 now has a definite release date date: September 20 worldwide. The game launches in Japan on September 22. Impressions, interviews and beta news are embargoed until 8pm GMT tonight.
- EA’s released the first gameplay teaser for Battlefield 3. It’s slick-looking stuff. EA also confirmed pre-order details for the DICE shooter, announcing that the Back to Karkand multiplayer pack will be free to those who buy the Limited Edition of the game.
- Play.com’s listed the Xperia Play for £519.99 for a contract-free, unlocked handset.
- Activision’s released a small teaser of Prototype 2, showing off a small snippet of gameplay. Hint: you may want to watch out for more info soon.
- Bethesda’s promised the first in-game look at Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for later today.
- Despite the release of the third iteration in the UK tomorrow and developer Guerrila moving onto development of a new IP, Sony says it isn’t finished with Killzone. An NGP title is currently in development.
Again, no audio today or tomorrow. Pat’s still in London.
Now go forth and rule with an iron fist.