Just how much of your life do you piss away playing Xbox Live?
Well, if you add it up with other users, the grand total of time spent on the service accounts for over one billion hours a month.
Microsoft has released some interesting figures over on Major Nelson’s blog with stats showing how many Xbox 360s are out in the wild, how much of a an increase in movie watching there has been on XBL, and more.
Read the full stats below and weep.
- The are 42 million consoles sold in 35 countries.
- In the last year alone there has been an 157 percent increase in the time spent watching movies and television on Xbox.
- 42 percent of Xbox Live Gold members in the US are watching an average of an hour of television and movies on their Xbox, every single day or more than 30 hours of digitally distributed television and movies a month.
- The 25 million members of Xbox Live around the world are each spending more than 30 hours per month on the service – that means cumulatively Xbox Live members are now logging more than one billion hours a month on the service.
- Access to Xbox Live is expanding from 26 countries to 35 this November.
Expect these number to increase once Kinect is released next month, along with the new dashboard update and the new ESPN service.
(Sorry for the Dr. Evil picture. It had to be done, no matter how passé it is – SN)