The Haunted: Hell’s Reach has been given the trailer treatment, and thanks to a tweet made earlier by Cliff Bleszinski, we have it for you below the break.
Michael Hegemann and The Haunted Team who created the game were the winners of the Make Something Unreal contest Epic hosted last year, netting a cool $50K and a commercial license for Unreal Engine 3.
The Haunted is a third-person action survival horror title which focuses on multiplayer, as you try to liberate “cursed places and survive the assault from the minions of hell.”
It has several multiplayer modes such as coop-survival, demons vs. humans and demonizer.
Here’s some more information on it pulled from the official website:
- Playing as human is action focused survival gameplay with a huge arsenal of weapons and melee attacks, total freedom in movement and brutal, intense combat.
- The minions of hell come in many variations and approach from everywhere to give you the feeling of a real fight for your life. There is no place to hide, together or alone. In addition to that, watch out for dangerous traps and environmental hazards.
- Some multiplayer modes can have players taking control of vicious demon masters. Here you can spawn monsters and play them by yourself, or place traps and trigger the environmental hazards to create a unpredictable threat for the humans.
- The monsters are harrowing and locations feature a classic horror atmosphere with a remarkable western-gothic style.
- Solo Mode: The singleplayer mode pits one human against the forces of evil.
- Coop Mode: Up to 4 human players have to make a stand against the undead. Send as much as possible back to hell and redeem the souls of fallen comrades.
- Battle Mode: 4 Human players against 4 demons.
- Demonizer: Similar to coop, but each dead human will turn into a demon until no one is left.
The game is slated for release in 2011 on PC, XBL and PSN.
Enjoy the video.