Team Ninja’s Ninja Gaiden II is to include a Ninja Cinema feature that will allow players to record and upload movies of their sword-based adventures to Xbox Live.
“The Ninja Cinema feature will allow gamers to record Ryu’s combat exploits as movie clips on their Xbox 360,” said Microsoft in a statement. “Players’ favorite clips can be viewed at any time, and by coupling them with the black-and-white Akira Kurosawa-style video filter, they will be able to relive their adventures as though they were part of the traditional Japanese art form of the samurai film. The best Ninja Gaiden II players in the world will be able to upload their clips to Xbox LIVE for everyone to download and view, making this new Ninja Cinema feature a great way to accelerate the growth of the Ninja Gaiden II player community around the globe.”
Sounds fantabulous. Ninja Gaiden II releases worldwide in June. Follow the link for the full press release.
“Ninja Gaiden II”
Title: “Ninja Gaiden II”
Publisher: Microsoft Corp.
Developer: TECMO/Team NINJA
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: June 2008
Price: ERP £44.99
Overview: “Ninja Gaiden II” makes its long-awaited debut on Xbox 360 as the blockbuster action-packed sequel to “Ninja Gaiden.” “Ninja Gaiden II” features a new and improved game engine, developed from the ground up exclusively for Microsoft and Xbox 360 by Team NINJA and legendary game developer Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the famed “Dead or Alive” franchise.
In “Ninja Gaiden II,” gamers must guide Ryu Hayabusa on a mission to avenge his clan and prevent the destruction of the human race. Armed with an assortment of ninja weaponry, players must help Ryu skillfully maneuver through a world fraught with peril. “Ninja Gaiden II” will feature an all-new gameplay engine, a new auto-health regeneration system, levels, adventures, enemies and thrilling combat with an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry, representing a true evolution of the highly popular franchise.
• Exhilarating ninja action. Assuming the role of a ninja warrior, players will experience an all-new combat system that requires skill and mastery of their full arsenal of weapons, including Obliteration Techniques that allow players to quickly and stylishly finish off an opponent. In addition to the variety of brutal new primary weapons and enhanced versions of previous favorites, “Ninja Gaiden II” will feature unique acrobatic combat and attacks used not only by Ryu Hayabusa but also by his formidable enemies.
• Easy to play but hard to master. The new auto-healing system in “Ninja Gaiden II,” featuring semi-permanent damage restored at save points, is the natural evolution of the franchise’s distinctive gameplay and introduces a new twist to managing health. With a newly implemented auto-healing functionality and save-point system, as well as an extensive story mode and multiple levels of difficulty available from the start of the game, the gameplay of “Ninja Gaiden II” will be accessible to more casual players and challenging to even the most demanding gamers.
• Massive content and engrossing story. The themes of revenge and friendship in “Ninja Gaiden II” give rise to a series of dramatic events to create a truly compelling story. From Tokyo to New York and to the netherworld, the story will lead players through a lengthy, action-packed story mode as they skillfully maneuver Ryu Hayabusa through a demonized world fraught with danger.
• Shared adventures over Xbox LIVE. The Ninja Cinema feature will allow gamers to record Ryu’s combat exploits as movie clips on their Xbox 360. Players’ favorite clips can be viewed at any time, and by coupling them with the black-and-white Akira Kurosawa-style video filter, they will be able to relive their adventures as though they were part of the traditional Japanese art form of the samurai film. The best “Ninja Gaiden II” players in the world will be able to upload their clips to Xbox LIVE for everyone to download and view, making this new Ninja Cinema feature a great way to accelerate the growth of the “Ninja Gaiden II” player community around the globe.
• Realistic graphics in next-generation gaming. Built from the ground up from Team NINJA’s in-house gaming engine for the next-generation Xbox 360 platform, “Ninja Gaiden II” represents the best in amazing visuals, responsive control and thrilling combat with an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry.
Information: Led by Tomonobu Itagaki, Team NINJA is a subsidiary of TECMO Ltd., a leading developer and publisher of revolutionary game software in Japan. Team NINJA is well known for its hit titles, including “Ninja Gaiden” and the double platinum-selling title “Dead or Alive,” which are highly esteemed the world over. Since its inception, TECMO has focused on the development and marketing of arcade and console game software, and today the company expands into the fields of online games, mobile content and the development of animation content for the liquid-crystal software of pachinko and pachinko slot machines. More information on TECMO can be found at www.tecmo.co.jp and www.tecmogames.com. For more information on “Ninja Gaiden II,” please visit www.xbox.com/ng2.
The information contained in this fact sheet relates to a pre-release software product that may be substantially modified before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the software product when it is first commercially released. The fact sheet is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the fact sheet or the information contained in it.