Tag Archives: trophies
Mon, Aug 06, 2012 | 12:55 BST
Metal Gear Solid 4′s long overdue trophy patch is now live on PS3, and will take up a mere 516mb of your hard drive space, Konami has confirmed.
Fri, Aug 03, 2012 | 20:23 BST
Thu, Jul 12, 2012 | 13:47 BST
Konami has confirmed the Trophy support patch for Metal Gear Solid 4 will be available next month as part of the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary celebrations. if that weren’t enough for you, the game is also getting a full install option with the new budget-priced version. No more data installs at the beginning of each chapter? Count us in. However, Konami didn’t mention whether an install option would be available alongside the Trophy patch for existing Metal Gear Solid 4 copies. A special 25th Anniversary event for the series will be held in Tokyo on August 30. Via Eurogamer.
Wed, Feb 29, 2012 | 22:50 GMT
Some of the system warning messages the Vita produces can be a bit confusing, but never fear – you can indeed earn trophies from used games.
Mon, Oct 03, 2011 | 09:17 BST
The full achievement and trophy lists for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Batman: Arkham City have hit the Net, revealing potential spoilers for impatient gamers.
Sat, Aug 20, 2011 | 21:14 BST
It’s time for your last batch of shorts for the weekend, which we are officially dubbing the malaise edition. Read onward.
Tue, Feb 22, 2011 | 09:10 GMT
New trophies included in the latest PlayStation 3 patch for Mass Effect 2 have outed a number of intriguing details about upcoming DLC.
Possible spoilers through the jump – you’ve been warned.
Wed, Sep 01, 2010 | 19:48 BST
A Trophies, 3D and Move-enabled version of Metal Gear Solid 4? Sounds like the sweet life, huh? Too bad you’re most likely not going to be getting it now.
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 | 11:31 BST
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 | 19:23 GMT
The God of War Collection for PS3 has gone gold, folks, and to celebrate – Sony has listed all the Trophies you can acquire in the games.
This extensive list is a bit big to be posted here, so head on over to the US PS Blog to check it out.
If you have never played a God of War game – shame on you if that’s the case – the list may contain spoilers so be forewarned.
Game’s out November 17 in the US and early 2010 in the UK.
Wed, Aug 12, 2009 | 23:10 BST
Later this week, Sony will make enhancements to the way Trophies can be viewed online.
A walk through video is posted after the break.
Here’s what you’ll be able to do:
- View detailed info on your trophies on PlayStation.com
- Compare your trophies with multiple friends and other PSN ID’s
- Compare details on trophies within each game
- Track your progress to the next level against friends
- See what trophies you have and what you still need to unlock for each game
- Use the sorting features to plan your game domination
Additionally, the portable ID has been enhanced with trophy data so you can take your ID to official game sites, social networks and third party web areas which will link it directly to your public Trophy page on the US PS site.
More over on the US PS Blog.
Fri, Aug 07, 2009 | 12:11 BST
Trophies. Metal Gear Solid 4. Never the twain shall meet. Or will they? Kojima Productions’ Sean Eyestone, speaking in this podcast, has thrown the whinging masses yet another lifeline.
Just to address one issue that we’ve been getting a lot of comments about. And this is, of course, about trophies.
I just wanna tell everybody out there right now that your voices are being heard and that we’re not ignoring you. We hear everything that you are saying. It’s just that we can’t say anything just yet.
But as soon as we have something to say, we will announce it. So, if we can just ask everyone to just be patient, we will give you an answer. But right now we can’t say anything. So we just ask for everyone’s understanding with that and just ask for everybody to remain patient and we’ll let you know.
What will you all live for when Trophies get added? It’ll be like legalising heroin: all the fun’ll be knocked out of it.
Thu, Jul 23, 2009 | 15:34 BST
The official EU PlayStation website has been updated with new Trophy features.
According to the UK end, the update has enhanced all Trophy information to allow users to view all they have earned, compare them with friends and check on the leaderboards.
You can sign up through here, as well as get more information on the update and view the “compare cards”.
Fri, May 22, 2009 | 13:56 BST
The PS3 version of Tomb Raider: Underworld is finally getting its Trophy patch, Eidos confirmed today.
The rewards update will be added on May 28.
“Sorry for the delay and thank you very much to those who were able to wait patiently,” said a rep.
“It’s really appreciated and I hope you get some great Raiding out of it.”
Cool beans. Thanks, Aimless.
Wed, Apr 15, 2009 | 15:18 BST
SingStar’s getting Trophies tomorrow as part of its 3.01 update.
There’s going to be 30 available, according to the press release after the link.
In addition, My SingStar Online’s getting a revamp.
So there’s awesome. All info down there.
Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | 20:08 GMT
The PSN version of Age of Booty now has Trophies, Capcom announced today.
A demo’s also available for the game.
For those as care, here’s a list of Trophies on offer:
- Cartographer (Bronze Trophy) – Create and save a custom map.
- Bombs Away (Bronze Trophy) – Destroy a neutral or enemy town’s defense with a bomb.
- Flushed Away (Bronze Trophy) – Use a whirlpool curse to teleport an enemy that is attacking your town.
- Cherry Picker (Bronze Trophy) – Capture a neutral town after the enemy has destroyed its defenses.
- Boom Boom (Bronze Trophy) – Sink two enemy ships with a single bomb.
- On the Account (Bronze Trophy) Beat all medium challenges.
- Sea Legs (Bronze Trophy) – Win 5 public games online.
- Freebooter (Silver Trophy) – Beat all hard challenges.
- King’s Pardon (Gold Trophy) – Beat every challenge in the game.
- Old Salt (Gold Trophy) – Win 50 public games online.
Mon, Mar 02, 2009 | 21:03 GMT
Thu, Feb 26, 2009 | 21:50 GMT
A new iPhone app, released by UIEvolution, gives PS3 users a new way to search for Trophies on the go.
It’s free, providing you don’t mind a bit of advertising, and allows you complete Trophy information on all available titles.
“We’ve compiled a detailed and constantly up to date guide and branded it with the high quality user experience we are known for,” said UIEvolution’s Travis Beaven.
“Now PS3 gamers can keep their attention and focus in the game, with their trophy guide always just a few quick touches away.”
Press release after the break.
Thu, Feb 19, 2009 | 20:54 GMT
Epilogue, next week’s Prince of Persia’s DLC, is to add a new batch of Trophies to the PS3 version.
- Two Hidden
- Born Dead – Kill all the soldiers of the Epilogue before they spawn
- I Only Need a Hand or Twenty – Elika saves you fewer than 20 times in the whole Epilogue
- No Time to Waste – Complete the Epilogue in less than 2 hours
- One Hidden
- All the Frescos – Reach all Ormazd’s Frescos in the Epilogue
- A Fresco of Light – Reach one Ormazd’s Fresco in the Epilogue
- What Once was There – First use of Energize in the Epilogue
- Bouncing From Here to There – Complete the puzzle with rebound in the Epilogue
- Leaving the Storm – Complete the Epilogue
- The Best Offense is Good Defense – Defeat any enemy of the Epilogue by only starting a combo with a Deflect and Counter-Attack
- Change Once, Then Die – In the Epilogue, defeat the Shapeshifter with only one shape change
The new content will also include a new attack, pace, power, region and new skins.
Fri, Feb 13, 2009 | 11:02 GMT
Eidos has confirmed that a Trophy patch is in the works for the PS3 version of Tomb Raider: Underworld.
Community manager Keir Edmonds dropped the news on the Tomb Raider forums.
“Lots of people have been asking about trophy support for the PS3,” he said.
“The guys at Crystal have been looking into this for a long time because they really wanted to include it. The good news is that I can confirm that a patch for the PS3 version of Tomb Raider: Underworld is being worked on that will enable Trophy Support.
“I don’t have an exact date for you yet.”