Get a load of this stealthy new Xbox One controller and headset

Wednesday, 16th July 2014 00:32 GMT By Brenna Hillier

I’m not sure when camouflage pattern became the new thing for controllers, but the Xbox One is not going to be left out of this trend.

The Armed Forces controller and headset will release in North America in October, and will set you back $64 and $90 respectively.

In addition to the military colour scheme, the D-pad is “metallic chrome”.

You may gaze upon these wonders below. If you find yourself feeling a bit tight in the pockets as a result, maybe you want to look at the urban camo PS4 controller, the arctic camo Xbox 360 controller, or the – uh – camo camo Xbox 360 controller.

xbox_one_armed_forces_controller

xbox_one_armed_forces_headset

1. Ekona

Ah, so they’re using the same D-pad as the Day One editions then. ‘Tis a good thing, as that does lift the controller more than you’d think (assuming you give a damn about aesthetics on controllers, of course).

#1 5 months ago
  2. melonbuster1

I hope they test these damn controllers better because they said they did and the A button gets stuck and looses it’s spring fast.. on the second one now..

#2 5 months ago
  3. polygem

@melonbuster1

it´s an issue with the dualshock 4 as well though. i had 2 of those and both had/ have issues. first one had a broken bumper button that got stuck within the first 20 gaming hours or so & the one i have now squeaks like a little pig when pressing the left shoulder button.

i also experience sound cut outs when using my headset via the headphone jack on the controller – not sure if it´s a problem with the controller or a software thing…it is super annoying either way.

people gave the wiiu such a hard time because of the ui loading time (which really wasn´t that much of a problem to begin with tbh).

my personal experience with These next gen toys has been very different. the wiiu has impressed me as a very well thought out product that just works and makes sense in every way right out of the box. whereas the ps4 and x1, especially the ps4, feel like a rushed job.
    they need to improve on A LOT of things.

#3 5 months ago
  4. tracyis300

What they need to do is make a wider controller. It feels so cramped.
    But most of all, fix the triggers! They ten to pinch you and its so annoying.

#4 5 months ago
  5. bradk825

@melonbuster1 That’s odd. Mine is still working great, Day 1 edition controller, no issues. I have two friends who bought one and play about as much as I do. One says no issues, the other says his tumbsticks are starting to feel loose.

On the topic: It looks rad but I have no needs for another controller right now. Besides, there will probably be a special one that comes out for Halo later this year that might be cooler. I’ll hang tight.

#5 5 months ago