Avatar: Legend of Korra game coming from Bayonetta developers

Thursday, 26th June 2014 03:28 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Stylish action master Platinum Games will bring us our first console based on Avatar: The Legend of Korra.

avatar_legend_of_korra

A third-person action affair, The Legend of Korra is due on PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in northern autumn.

Not much is known about the project so far, but IGN reports players will face Mecha Tanks and Chi Blockers, as well as other Benders in a 3v3 mode. All four elements will be available to the player.

Based on the Nickelodeon’s TV series Avatar: The Legend of Korra – a followup to Avatar: The Last Airbender starring the eponymous water bender – The Legend of Korra comes courtesy of Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance developer Platinum Games, by way of publisher Activision. Tim Hendrick, who wrote the TV show, penned the story, which takes place between the second and third seasons.

Check out the first teaser trailer below, with thanks to IGN. A tactical 3DS game based on Korra is also on the way, courtesy of Webfoot Technologies.

Thanks, GameInformer.

1. salarta

That is some awesome gameplay in that teaser! It’s just like I’m playing a cartoon!

#1 2 months ago
  2. dazedonthemoon

The world is perfect for an MMORPG, I wish they made a big budget standalone experience not hindered by having to be about Korra and her pals.

#2 2 months ago
  3. Shinji10TH

@dazedonthemoon Exactly what I thought the first time I watched Avatar : TLA, but the MMO market is pretty risky at the moment.

#3 2 months ago
  4. The_Red

No fucking way. No way. Seriously, no way.
    This is a dream. This is not real. The best action maker is not working on a game for best animated show. Too awesome!!!

Now I wish Last Airbender (The sublime show and not the subshite Hollywood crapfest) had a decent game instead of a stupid achievement dump.

#4 2 months ago
  5. dazedonthemoon

@Shinji10TH
    I salivate at the thought of choosing which elemental nation you belong to and mixing martial arts stylings with cool elemental powers in RPG fashion…. Oooooh it just seems to easy to be awesome…. Why isn’t someone making this happen?! Doesn’t have to be an MMO but just an action RPG with multiplayer aspects.

Damnit I need to change my pants, sorry guys.

#5 2 months ago
  6. Takeshi

Excited about both of the games, to be honest. Love me some turn-based RPGs and Korra + Platinum can only be awesome.

#6 2 months ago
  7. Legendaryboss

Licenced game? Oh dear it doesn’t matter who is at the wheel, just know its going to be bad. 50/50 chance.

#7 2 months ago
  8. ManuOtaku

The otaku in me, the gamer in me, the platinum /clover fan, really approves this, and all of them are very happy, joy, joy.

#8 2 months ago
  9. ManuOtaku

@Legendaryboss if batman games, and the stick of truth had never happened, i would be as pesimistic as you, but seeing those iam quite optimistic, and because is platinum.

#9 2 months ago
  10. dazedonthemoon

@ManuOtaku
    The only thing I’m worried about is that they have to make it about Korra and her story, though if they make you be an original character that joins her group that would be best IMO. And polar bear dogs, let me ride as many awesome hybrid animals as possible.

#10 2 months ago