Poor Sackworm didn’t make the cut in LittleBigPlanet 3

Friday, 20th June 2014 16:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Characters other than Sackboy have been detailed for LittleBigPlanet 3. Below you will find information on how Oddsock, Swoop and Toggle will play when the game launches for PlayStation 3 and PS4.

littlebigplanet_3_characters (2)

According to SCE Worldwide Studios’ Pete Smith, all characters started out as silhouettes before the team at XDev started making cuts. One of the poor fellas to land on the cutting room floor was Sackworm, as apparently his silhouette wasn’t up to snuff.

I’m wondering if it had more to do with the fact it was called ‘Sackworm’ but maybe I’m just being perverted.

“Early on we had loads of different ideas,” said Smith. “I was looking at some of the concepts the other day actually. The Sackworm didn’t last too long before he found himself on the cutting room floor. They all started out as silhouettes. They needed to be game changers, they need to be fully customizable, they needed to feel like they belonged in the world, and they needed to have personality.

“I think the final three characters have really struck that balance.”

And here are those three characters who will tag along with Sackboy on his latest adventure:

Swoop – This character has a specific purpose: he can fly. This allows the fella to access hard to reach places as well as pick up objects as well as characters other than Toggle when he is in his “big” form.

Oddsock – A really fast, four-legged character who can wall jump and wall slide. Players should have their “jumps nailed” upon completing the Oddsock levels.

Toggle – The large character can also become small. He started off as just a ‘big’ character, but since that didn’t provide the player with enough combinations, he was revamped.

LB3 is without a release date, currently, but it’s expected sometime in November.

1. PEYJ

I know it’s off topic but I can’t find any right “accesspoint”; how do I delete my account?

#1 1 month ago
  2. Legendaryboss

@PEYJ You can’t. Your stucked here forever!

#2 1 month ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@PEYJ I fyou want your account deleted I can do it for you.

#3 1 month ago
  4. PEYJ

@Stephany

Yes please.

#4 1 month ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

@PEYJ Alright. Consider it done.

#5 1 month ago
  6. Legendaryboss

Oh.

#6 1 month ago
  7. TheWulf

I’m quite happy with the options we did get, though. It’ll be hard deciding on a favourite between Toggle and Oddsack. I’m leaning towards Oddsack though because a.) he reminds me of a frog in sack form, and b.) he reminds me of that one rather crazed imaginary friend from Foster’s.

#7 1 month ago
  8. monkeygourmet

@Steph

Oh, me too please! You must have missed me asking in the forum, full deletion please :)

#8 1 month ago
  9. monkeygourmet

@Steph

Btw, usually enjoy your work, just hate the new direction of the site in general.

Can you make sure the account ‘monkeygourmet’ is deleted so it doesn’t count to ongoing site membership?

No one bothered to answer me in the forum, and now that’s pretty much dead.

#9 1 month ago
  10. Stephany Nunneley

@monkeygourmet *Sigh* Alright. Sorry to see you go, monkey. I really am. :(

Also to everyone else NO MORE DELETION REQUESTS IN THIS POST.

Our emails are on the “staff” page. Send us one. Also, instead of deletion, people, just don’t log in. One day you MAY want to come back.

#10 1 month ago
  11. Legendaryboss

Thats a bummer, I’m going to miss his posts. Oh well.

#11 1 month ago
  12. salarta

@Stephany Nunneley Oh! Oh Steph! There’s someone I want you to delete, can you do that for me? :P

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

#12 1 month ago
  13. polygem

no, ffs, never delete monkey, someone hacked into his account – i just talked to him via sattlelite – “hello, monkeygourmet? yes , yeah, ok, i tell her” – he said : “do not delete – repeat DO NOT D E L E T E !”…and then something i just can´t post or I would be deleted…

#13 1 month ago
  14. TheWulf

What I find the most interesting is that they chose this article to flood. Poor Steph. Still, thanks for the LBP3 news, Steph, it’s appreciated.

#14 1 month ago