GTA Online Heists delayed for more development time

Wednesday, 18th June 2014 19:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Originally planned for release this spring, Heists for Grand Theft Auto Online have been delayed.

gtaonline_art_1024x768

According to Rockstar, the feature is taking more time to develop than originally planned.

“We know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated,” reads a reply by Rockstar on the “I’m Not a Hipster” update post.

“We are very sorry for the delay, and are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can. Please know that we are focused as always on making the best possible content for you to play and we are thankful to all of you for your patience, understanding and support.”

The GTA Online “I’m Not a Hipster” update now available now, watch Pat try it out here.

1. artursz1993

well that’s a bummer

#1 3 months ago
  2. AmiralPatate

I can’t wait for the game to come out on PC and join in on that “waiting for heists” wagon.

#2 3 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

Instead of wasting time and resources on making the player look like a hipster, maybe they should release something they promised with the first mp trailer. It’s getting rather embarrassing at this point.

#3 3 months ago
  4. Sethos

Release some SP content you monkeys, fuck that GTAO rubbish, it sucks.

#4 3 months ago
  5. bobnice

This is downright pathetic, how does a company get away with this. I dont know how a developer can advertise a feature as big of a draw as online heists were in their pre launch trailers and still to this day almost a year later not release it. I know of many friends and gamers whos only reason to buy this game back in September 2013 was the online heists. Here is a big “fuck you” right back at you Rockstar, I as well as many others will remember this next time.

#5 3 months ago
  6. dazedonthemoon

The heists were one of the main reasons I bought this at launch. Haven’t played in about 4 months. In my opinion this is entirely disrespectful to the me, the consumer, to advertise one of the most important/interesting aspects of your game and not deliver in almost a years time. I’m done with the game and don’t intend to go back for just finally getting heists in online mode. You screwed up Rockstar.

#6 3 months ago
  7. tmac2011

ive stopped playing all together

#7 3 months ago
  8. xXNapsterManXx

Oh look that feature that they were advertising the game is delayed again, what a surprise.

#8 3 months ago
  9. RocknRolla

@tmac2011 And nobody gave a flying fuck xD

#9 3 months ago
  10. ddtd

@YoungZer0 I don’t think the art dept has anything to do with coding heists for mp.

#10 3 months ago
  11. LovesALLformats

Its def delayed because of Xbox One/ps4/PC will launch w it then it will b avaliable for ps3\360 in Oct. U watch and see!!

#11 3 months ago