Mysterious Steam cards suggest Summer Sale is imminent

Wednesday, 11th June 2014 14:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mysterious Cards, in both regular and foil form, have shown up on the Steam marketplace suggesting the Summer Sale will soon be a thing.

These Mysterious Cards are called just that, and there are 10 of each kind.

A NeoGaf user noted the entries, and there are hundreds on sale now. Steam users can start earning these now by crafting card sets – which is why there are so many on sale beforehand.

Last month, a Steam spreadsheet was leaked, citing a June 13 cutoff for game submissions to what many are assuming is the Summer Sale.

Normally, the sale doesn’t start until July but many feel this is an indication of Valve moving the sale to mid-to-late June, specifically June 19-28. That means it starts as early next week.

We’ll have to just wait and see.

Thanks, IncGamers.

mysterious_steam_cards

1. mark6IKX

Good bye wallet.. Hello more games to sit idle in my library.

#1 3 months ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

@mark6IKX I know right? :D

#2 3 months ago
  3. mark6IKX

@Stephany Nunneley Well I’m going to try to behave this time.. I’ve only had my steam account a year and have over 700 games. The majority are humble bundles and things like that (I’ll ignore them cause its for charity’s) But a good 400 of them are because of steam sales. Thanks Gabe… I think.

#3 3 months ago
  4. Darkfield

@mark6IKX You could always gift them to me :D

#4 3 months ago
  5. mark6IKX

@Darkfield Haha I had that much at one point I just did giveaways on youtube. Lately I haven’t had any. I’ll have a quick look and Inbox you anything I have left atm.

#5 3 months ago
  6. mark6IKX

@Darkfield Just found an Anomoly 2 gift lying around you can have that :)

#6 3 months ago
  7. Darkfield

@mark6IKX Oh you’re too king I was just joking mate :D

#7 3 months ago
  8. CyberMarco

Yup, definitely coming on June 19th.

Get your wallets ready everybody!

#8 3 months ago
  9. Stephany Nunneley

@mark6IKX “a good 400 of them are because of steam sales”

Holy Baby Jesus.

I’ve only been on Steam for 5 years and my library spans close to 60.

I need to introduce you to a couple of my Steam (and irl) pals. They are right up there with you! :)

#9 3 months ago
  10. mark6IKX

@Stephany Nunneley Haha i know its surprising.. lets just say I had a “problem”. haha. My steam name is the same as my vg247 username is you would like a look :L

#10 3 months ago
  11. polygem

They need to make a game about buying games. It’s overdue.

#11 3 months ago
  12. sebastien rivas

Readied my wallet,

Under intense heat and with a shaking and moist hand, I practice unsheathing of my plastic cards off my wallet with a bad B movie attitude of a Mexican stand off.

#12 3 months ago
  13. GrimRita

Love this time of the year. Some of the bargains are incredible

#13 3 months ago