Final Fantasy Type-0 HD heading west for PS4 and Xbox One

Tuesday, 10th June 2014 20:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Final Fantasy Type-0 is being released as an HD remaster for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Hajime Tabata, the game’s director, stated on the PS Blog that fans let Square Enix know how badly they wanted this game to come to head west ever since the original PlayStation Portable was released in Japan.

“You guys have never given up on it, raising your voices in an effort to see this title come to North America and Europe. Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s coming and it’s going to be in HD,” he said.

Also announced was Final Fantasy Agito for iOS and Android.

• Some key features for the mobile game include:
  • Character Customization: Create a unique character in the world of FINAL FANTASY AGITO. Players have access to a variety of character customization options, including gender, facial features, hairstyles and more.
  • Player Choice: Interact with other cadets at Akademeia, including key characters from FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0. The decisions players make at the Akademeia will affect the course of history in the game, which in turn will affect the worldwide player community.
  • Missions: Players can head out on missions to raise their level, and find/craft their ultimate weapon. Players can also confront powerful enemies in large-scale, cooperative battles involving the entire FINAL FANTASY AGITO player population.

Agito will be available for free download with in-app purchases.

A release date has yet to be confirmed for either title at this time.

1. diego-rbb-93

WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH THESE COMPANIES NOT BRING A SHIT FOR VITA!?

#1 4 months ago
  2. ManuOtaku

I havent play this game, so the logical question will be, is this good or bad news.

#2 4 months ago
  3. CyberMarco

It’s being released for the Vita too.

Hold your butts, Final Fantasy won E3!!! xD

#3 4 months ago
  4. Clupula

YES!!! This is absolutely awesome! And it’s coming on HDTV’s where it belongs!

#4 4 months ago
  5. Clupula

@CyberMarco Actually, they just ran a correction. No Vita version.

But, hey, who cares, right?

#5 4 months ago
  6. CyberMarco

@Clupula Oh come on! I cared at least!

Fucking SE and Sony, get your shit together. I really like the Vita but everyday I see one more reason not to get one.

Fuck it, I’ll just download the fan-translated version for my PSP.

#6 4 months ago
  7. Clupula

You people and your portables. So weird.

Never got how anyone could actually prefer playing something on a tiny little three inch screen when there are big HDTV’s to play stuff on.

I can understand if you take a lot of car/subway trips or whatever, but otherwise, it’s just inexplicable to me.

#7 4 months ago
  8. Legendaryboss

Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Square Enix are truly the masters of messaging fuck you, we listened to everything but the platform you requested it for.

#8 4 months ago
  9. Legendaryboss

I mean that shit is funny, oh well i guess Square Enix needs a successor to the PSP for this to be released.

#9 4 months ago
  10. CyberMarco

Aaaaarghgh! I’m so irritated of how neglected the Vita is being from everybody, Sony and developers.

I’ll just wait till the PS Vita gets cracked open and pirate the shit out of it. I’ll obviously get a second-hand handheld.

And to think I was planning to keep my PS+ sub for the PS Vita alone, fuck you too then!

/rant

#10 4 months ago
  11. Clupula

So, how about that Playstation TV, eh? I’m really excited about it, myself. Get to play a lot of PSP and Vita games and never have to suffer through using the games on a portable system.

Can’t wait to play all Persona 4 Golden!

#11 4 months ago
  12. Obernox

We really wanted it to come westward…. ON PSP AND PS VITA YOU FUCKING RETARDED CUNTS FUCK YOU GODDAMMITFUCKINGSHITBALLSFUCKCOCK YDTUDXTXGLZ3a595(#?#?##<duohkultutuupjy

#12 4 months ago
  13. Clupula

Seriously, you portable folk are just ridiculous.

I feel like there needs to be another term besides “PC master race” and “console peasants.”

Something like “portable defectives” or something.

#13 4 months ago
  14. Clupula

It’s like you forget that a company’s supposed to actually, you know, make a profit on their games and the amount of work they’ll probably be doing on this would NOT be made up with how many sales they’d make off a portable only release.

But no, apparently you people don’t own tv’s or something.

#14 4 months ago
  15. Legendaryboss

@Clupula Portable rejects. Portable peasants. The portable master race. Adapting it would fit.

#15 4 months ago
  16. Clupula

Portable rejects works.

Portable peasants or Master Race would just be taking from already established terms. I think I shall begin using “portable rejects” from now on. Thank you.

#16 4 months ago
  17. CyberMarco

@Clupula Who said that the game wouldn’t have made some profit if it was released when it should!? Crisis Core FFVII, Dissidia, KH:BBS says otherwise.

People who were interested in this game made themselves really clear that they wanted the game on their PSP, they even bothered translating it themselves since SE doesn’t give a fuck as it seems.

You don’t like portables, that’s ok. Good for you that you’ll be able to play it on your TV as it’s the best way to play it for you.

It’s nothing like you make it sound like “portable defectives” or something, this game was released on the PSP in japan and everyone wanted to play it, I don’t see why it’s wrong to be upset.

I’m so mad at SE right now I don’t evenn eg’olhseg;hbsgh sogs;h ogs;hbj sggbshh;dgoiagro radz p.

#17 4 months ago
  18. Clupula

@CyberMarco Yet, compare the sales of those titles to their console counterparts. Their console titles sell way, way more. You are living in a fantasy world (HA!) if you think that Crisis Core wouldn’t have sold more on PS2 than PSP.

#18 4 months ago
  19. CyberMarco

@Clupula Didn’t argue on that. It would probably sell better on the PS2, but still the PSP offered a TV out for those like you who prefer TV over portables, same thing with PS TV now. They already translated the game for PS4/XB1, just fucking copy paste the text over to the Vita version and sell it, I don’t care if it has Japanese voice-overs.

#19 4 months ago
  20. Clupula

@CyberMarco I’m sure, just like Lightning Returns and Drakengard 3, it’ll have Japanese voice-overs as optional paid DLC.

#20 4 months ago
  21. diego-rbb-93

@cybermarco If you know Clupula is completely idiot, why bother? His statements are the most shitty thing Ive ever seen for Portable users.

The cow is out of the farm. Let it back slowly to the farm.

#21 4 months ago
  22. Clupula

@diego-rbb-93 English isn’t your first language, I take.

You’d say, “completely an idiot,” not “completely idiot.” You can thank me for helping you.

#22 4 months ago
  23. CyberMarco

#23 4 months ago
  24. diego-rbb-93

@Clupula Dont worry little cow, Ill help you to back with your friends. Dont worry its all fine.

#24 4 months ago
  25. YoungZer0

@Clupula

“So, how about that Playstation TV, eh?”

Oh yeah! Totally can not wait for this one! Is there a release date for europe yet? Didn’t watch the Sony conference.

#25 4 months ago
  26. Clupula

@diego-rbb-93 Your little cow thing is really creepy and I get the feeling somewhat sexual. I am uncomfortable with your not-so-subtle flirting.

#26 4 months ago
  27. diego-rbb-93

Anyway, talking about cows. Shahid Kamal really messed up on Twitter and saw the reactions on Neogaf. I dont trust that guy as I dont see from him any real value from his twitter campaigns.

Still laughing seeing him say that his #jrpgvita campaing finally made it happen and then rejecting from what he said.

#27 4 months ago
  28. diego-rbb-93

@Clupula You know, Im from Spain, and your nick “Clupula” read in Spanish feels really creepy. If you need to confess something, like how bastard its to just take a big portion of gaming users and basically say that all Handheld stuff come for people who arent able to see how retarded they are because they see value in other things.

Well man… I can oficcialy say you are not even a troll, but a real douchebag. Hope you dont mind.

#28 4 months ago
  29. Clupula

@diego-rbb-93 I call it, “Being an American.”

#29 4 months ago
  30. zoopdeloop

well in other news since SE keeps messing with their fans…Those with CW on PSP can download the dubbed english version which was just recently uploaded.
    search for it and enjoy

#30 4 months ago
  31. diego-rbb-93

@Clupula Well thanks, that explains everything.

#31 4 months ago
  32. Legendaryboss

In terms of laughter for E3 this announcement nailed it as did this short argument: 24 & 26 are gold.

#32 4 months ago
  33. CyberMarco

@zoopdeloop I sure will.

Here for everyone who is interested: http://www.proxybay.pw/torrent/10319698/%5BPSP%5D_Final_Fantasy_Type-0_ENG_patched_%5BSkyBladeCloud_and_team_t

#33 4 months ago
  34. salarta

Good, now they just need to announce a Parasite Eve 3 that makes 3rd Birthday completely noncanon and treats Aya and the franchise respectfully, and I’ll be ready to pick this up.

#34 4 months ago
  35. Dragon

Had a good laugh from this thread.

#35 4 months ago