Assassin’s Creed: Unity development led by Revelations director

Thursday, 5th June 2014 10:34 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed: Unity’s creative director appears to have revealed himself, in the form of Alexandre Amancio, who was also director on Ezio finale Revelations.

assassins_creed_revelations

That’s the one with all the beards, bombs and the colour blue. It’s also the game a lot of critics regarded to be the weakest entry in the Ezio trilogy, but in my opinion it was still miles better than Assassin’s Creed 3. I even had a rant about Connor’s escapades here when it launched.

GameInformer reports that following a now-deleted tweet out of Ubisoft’s Jade Raymond, the site checked out Amancio’s LinkedIn profile to find him listed as Assassin’s Creed: Unity’s creative director.

Amancio initially left Ubisoft after Revelations shipped, but returned two years later. Can his experience with Revelations bring quality to Unity? Let us know what you think below.

1. Luciferous

Aye, it was miles better than AC3… I just hope that we get a game that pushes things forward like Black Flag did.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Hunam

Revelations was much better than Brotherhood, it was more interesting and had a cohesive story.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Shinji10TH

Revelations was the pinnacle of the series before the big, deep plummet done by AC3.
    Luckily, Black Flag was good, and I hope Amancio had the goal to make Unity even better.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Rosseu

Everyone else says it was the crappiest next to ac3

#4 7 months ago
  5. KineticCalvaria

AC3 and AC:R are without a doubt the worst entries.

I thought that was pretty unanimous (unAnimus… eh? Eh?!) as Rosseu points out, well each to their own but AC:R in particular was just AC:B rehashed and in no way improved.

#5 7 months ago
  6. yeoung

AC:R gets no love from me. AC1 dreamt big, ACII realized those dreams, AC: Brotherhood did some nice things, but fumbled some others. ACIII was let down only by its story, setting anc characters. Obviously they shouldn’t have polled the gaming public if they were just going to ignore the results and go ahead with the american thing.

Russia would have been cool, old timey Brittain would have been better, and feudal Japan and the Warring States period China would have lifted the franchise to new heights. Instead, they opted for the easy way out (as I see it) and had to redeem themselves with a swashbuckling piratey thing. They may have managed to save the franchise marketability, but the vision it so clearly had has been lost long ago.

I care quite little now for the franchise and it’s a sad state of affairs given its potential.

#6 7 months ago
  7. ManuOtaku

I dont know if it is good or bad thing, cannot made my mind about it. But i do believe in giving people second chances.

#7 7 months ago
  8. silverstorm

I’d rather it was led by who made AC4, which was miles better than Revelations.

#8 7 months ago
  9. Rosseu

No kidding, I skipped AC:R (because all my friends and non friends said it was shitty) and couldn’t even bother finishing AC3 because it was slow and the protagonist was annoying.

#9 7 months ago
  10. Revolting

Which just goes to show different strokes for different folks; for me AC:R was the best of the Ezio trilogy. Which is not to say the others were worse than it, but that ACII was great, and got better with each part of the trilogy that was released.

Obviously AC3 was just completely balls. Pretty much everyone agrees on that. But Black Flag was an incredible return to form, not just echoing previous successes, but improving on them by radically shifting both the setting and the protagonist’s relationship with the Assassins. It was great because it wasn’t just retreading old ground, unlike AC3 which was just a hollow echo of the previous games in a different country with no personality of it’s own. AC4 just ran with it’s own fun ideas and was superb for it.

My immediate concern for Unity upon first seeing the promo images was that it will be too close stylistically and thematically to Ezio’s trilogy. As evidenced by the amazing funtimes of AC4, for me to carry on loving this franchise, I don’t just want the same thing again repackaged with a new face; I want it to be brave and nuts and not afraid to try new things.

Obviously we haven’t really seen anything of the game beyond those teaser images (roll on E3), but I really hope they learned from what made AC4 such a stand out game, breathing a much needed breath of fresh air into the series. AC4 single handedly resurrected the whole franchise after AC3 almosted permanently killed it.

#10 7 months ago
  11. Shinji10TH

@Revolting Couldn’t have said it any better.

#11 7 months ago
  12. YoungZer0

@yeoung

Agree with everything you said. As enjoyable as Black Flag was … Pirates and Assassin’s just don’t mix. I really hope they go back to their roots with Unity.

#12 7 months ago