Download PS4 firmware update 1.71 now

Tuesday, 3rd June 2014 12:41 GMT By Dave Cook

Sony has released PlayStation 4 firmware update 1.71, following a brief tease on Twitter. Are you prepared? Well, are you?

It came after an update on Sony’s Twitter feed this morning:

The 194MB update follows PS4 firmware 1.7, which includes Share Factory and other updates. We’ve got the full list of what changed here.

Today’s update comes with a solitary patch note, which reads, “System software stability during use of some features has been improved.” At the time of writing, do be aware that the update might not be available in your region, but rest assured that it’s rolling out now.

DualShockers reckons that a bug that caused the DualShock 4 to stop rumbling has been fixed, along with an issue that stopped PS Plus users from uploading multiple save files from the same game to their cloud storage.

Let us know how you get on.

1. OlderGamer

All done, quick and easy. I do most of my Vg247 surfing from my PS4 now days.

#1 2 months ago
  2. onlineatron

not into these small bug-fixing patches. sony need to sort their shit and get on a montly schedule like xbox one. significant features, every month. ps4 ui still has a long way to go and these incremental changes aren’t helping

#2 2 months ago
  3. onlineatron

mix this with excruciatingly long maintenance periods and it really appears that sony hasn’t changed much at all this gen

#3 2 months ago
  4. sennasnit

@onlineatron do you honestly believe that Microsoft would have so many updates if the Xbox One wasn’t such a broken mess? The Xbox updates are to correct and react, the PS4 updates are minor tweaks and new features.

#4 2 months ago
  5. aseddon130

@4 broken mess??? hardly! what is exactly broken about the Xbox One???

It was stupidly missing some features yes, but hardly broken. It has been perfectly functioning since launch. I do agree with @3 in some regards as Sony seem to be slow with the uptake of needing updates, the speed that MS send out X1 updates is extremely impressive especially compared to last generation.

#5 2 months ago
  6. gomersoul

@3 the maintenance only affects the store and account settings this gen so I don’t see your problem. I’m glad they try to improve their services, however big or small the difference

#6 2 months ago
  7. DeVitowned

@sennasnit

Agree with #2 and #5. Fucking hate Microsoft, but their timely updates adding features, especially features PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT is a world of difference compared with Sony. Sony is slow at development, but what do you expect from a hardware company, right?

Sony needs DLNA support, MP3, friend notifications and external HDD support, the latter two present on the One.

#7 2 months ago
  8. sennasnit

@aseddon130 Not a day goes by where my XO doesn’t require a hard reset, it also quits to dashboard at least once every session.
    I say again, there is a reason Microsoft is doing monthly updates and it’s not “for the fans” it’s so they can say, look we’re fixing everything, please buy an Xbox One….

#8 2 months ago
  9. sennasnit

@DeVitowned Last gen Sony had 6 updates per year, everyone complained. Microsoft only had 1 or 2.
    Now Microsoft have 6 in the first 6 months of the consoles life, everyone rejoices.

#9 2 months ago
  10. Johnnymaxx

hmmmmm so the lack of rumble and the problem to automatically upload files to cloud was a bug for everyone, not just me…. that gives me confort!

I hope it also fix the bug of the Share Function. I can’t share anything lately, and most of the time there is not even a video clip to be saved when I press the Share Button as it usually did.

#10 2 months ago
  11. majormayhem70

@sennasnit
    You my friend, may very well have a faulty Xbox One. I don’t know about the others, but I don’t have that problem with my Xbobx One, so I can’t call the system faulty. It is missing 3D Bluray play back though. It’s supposed to be a multimedia powerhouse, but still no 3D Bluray playback. Even more shameful, the PS3 has this feature and yet the PS4 is STILL MISSING IT. What the phuck Sony?!? Does anybody know when either company is going to rectify this matter?

#11 2 months ago