These Metro: Redux screens show big graphical improvement

Friday, 30th May 2014 09:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Metro: Redux is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this Summer, and publisher Deep Silver has produced another round of screens we’ve compared to the original Metro 2033.

You’ll find the Metro: Redux reveal trailer, enhancement details and pricing through the link. Essentially, it combines remastered editions of Metro 2033 and Metro: Last light with many new improvements.

We’ve taken each of the three screens and tried to compare it to press shots of the original Metro 2033 to hopefully show you the level of difference. Check them out:

Metro_2033_2

Metro 2033

metro_redux_1

Metro: Redux

Metro_2033_1

Metro 2033

metro_redux_3

Metro: Redux

metro_redux_2

Metro: Redux

What do you think?

1. Dog4life

it was quite stunning even on my low end ps3 !

Well see to believe … curious to see final version on ps4.

#1 5 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@Dog4life Looks cool eh? I’m a fan of the Metro games for sure.

#2 5 months ago
  3. kyr95

@Dave Cook Who isn’t? One of the best atmospheres i’ve seen in gaming.

#3 5 months ago
  4. infernalism

Somehow I could never get into these games. I’m not a big fan of shooters, but I like the post-apocalyptic genre. The metro just goes on an on, though, and the “up top” segments are kind of short as well. Whole game feels claustrophobic. Than can be good in a game, but somehow bores me (not scares me, which is another thing metro goes for, but dosn’t deliver, for me at least) to hell in these games.

So, yeah kyr95, not a fan of the Metro games over here, and a lot of things they try to do appeal to me, if done right. Not a fan of shooters in general, but I played far more generic FPS’s to completion, like Resistance 1 and 2, or Crysis etc.

#4 5 months ago
  5. kisame

not so impressed peoples still look like silicon dolls

#5 5 months ago