This Mortal Kombat poster hints at new series entry

Thursday, 29th May 2014 00:33 GMT By Catherine Cai

If this poster found on Reddit is to be believed, Mortal Kombat might be making a comeback very soon.

The poster reads “Who’s Next?” with a Mortal Kombat dragon logo.

Mortal Kombat teaser

Ah, a Mortal Kombat logo. So what? You might be thinking. And rightly so. This in itself doesn’t reveal much, but paired with Ed Boon’s “mysterious” tweets from last week, all signs point to a Mortal Kombat sequel. Ed Boon’s Twitter activity as of late has been a flurry of Mortal Kombat-related activity. Most glaringly, the Mortal Kombat creator changed his Twitter background to feature the same logo and text combination that’s revealed in the poster.

If Boon’s countdown tweets are to be believed, this reveal will take place in early June, right before E3.

1. POOhead

Dat subzero fatality

#1 2 months ago
  2. Obernox

Oh yeah!

#2 2 months ago
  3. Doppleganger

I’m extremely excited for this game and really hope they keep their American style fighting as I really can’t stand the anime style fighting games we see today.
    The last Mortal Kombat game was perfection! just give us HD and also I would love to see the run button return and not those lame dashes.

#3 2 months ago
  4. The_Red

Mortal Kombat is my fave fighting game series and probably fave franchise so… GET OVER HERE!

#4 2 months ago
  5. Dave Cook

EVO reveal perhaps?

#5 2 months ago
  6. Mike W

yea I think we all saw this coming.

#6 2 months ago
  7. Clupula

Was very surprised how much I liked the last one. As long as they give us even more of the same, and don’t go back to lame idea like the run button (which was bullshit), I’ll be happy. If they take a page from Injustice and either take away the block button or give us the option of pressing back to block, I’ll be even happier.

#7 2 months ago
  8. Gheritt White

It’s Mortal Kombat 10, which will also be Ed Boon’s last game before he retires (or at least that’s what he told us in 2011).

#8 2 months ago