Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories coming to PS Vita

Thursday, 17th April 2014 15:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will be released through PlayStation Network for PS Vita, Konami has announced. You will be able to grab the games for £7.99/€9.95 each . A release date will be announced “shortly.”

1. Triggerhappy

Hmmm, sounds like Konami might be gearing up to announce a new entry in the series… I’ll definitely pick these up when they come out.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Obernox

That’s nice, i’ve never played Shattered Memories, and Origins was pretty good.

#2 8 months ago
  3. The_Red

HOLY SHIT. Yes for Shattered Memories. One of the best SH games after original 4 and the one game I never understood why it was released on a platform like Wii.

#3 8 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

They made an announcement for this? PSP compatible games? Meh.

#4 8 months ago
  5. salarta

At first I nearly facepalmed, but then I realized I was thinking of Book of Memories, not Shattered Memories.

I’m still very much not keen on Shattered Memories. They had a good basic idea for a brand new IP, perhaps even a good idea for a completely brand new installment with whole new characters, but it wasn’t a good idea as a retelling of the first Silent Hill game, and that’s why I don’t support it and won’t play it. It tries to do things like make it look like the Dahlia we know from Silent Hill has been reimagined in Harry’s head as a sexed up young thing, for starters, and that’s just… odd. Even after finding out the truth. The wildly different character appearances depending on your psychological profile is a neat game mechanic, but doesn’t fit well when we know what happened and we know what Harry Mason was really like. It would work much better if the game wasn’t trying to be an adaptation of an older game, or if the only thing that changed was character personalities. It might’ve made more sense if depending on your psych profile, a police officer is either a caring protector, a bitchy hardass or any other ideas.

Still, of everything made after Silent Hill 4, these two games are probably the best of the bunch. Shattered Memories was still a misstep, but it wasn’t as much of one as the others, and at least the team understood the importance of not being able to easily kill everything in sight. And Origins was simply okay. Both games are far and away much better than crap like Book of Memories.

#5 8 months ago
  6. loveaya

I remember that Shattered Memories was the last SH game which used Akira Yamaoka’s muisic.

When You’re Gone (feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) and Hell Frozen Rain (feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) these 2 theme songs were so amazing!

#6 8 months ago
  7. Panthro

@The_Red

Shattered Memories on the Wii was awesome, I doubt this is a straight port from the Wii though, it is probably just the PSP version emulated.

For your sake though I hope they ported the Wii version, the PSP version is a jaggy mess.

#7 8 months ago