Arc System Works countdown site teases possible BloodRayne game

Wednesday, 16th April 2014 17:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Arc System Works has launched a teaser website titled “BRCS,” which features a scantily clad woman who appears ready for battle. The text across the screen reads: “She who fights with monsters might take care lest she thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” There are seven days left on the counter, and DualShockers reckons its a new BloodRayne title due to the acronym. However, if you take a closer look at the lady’s necklace, it pretty much gives the fact away. A shot of the website and a closer look at BloodRayne’s necklace I found online are both below.

1. Mike W

Word!! I hope it’s better than that side scrolling crap they released a couple of years ago.

#1 4 months ago
  2. Obernox

Oh? interesting…

#2 4 months ago
  3. Stoopid_Snot

@Mike W
    BloodRayne: Betrayal wasn’t developed by Ark System Works, it was developed by Way Forward

#3 4 months ago
  4. salarta

I’ve never played a single Bloodrayne game. Depending on how this works out, this may be my first. The franchise always looked to me like it was more about having an attractive woman ratchet up sexual suggestiveness than anything else. There’s a lot of potential, though.

And unlike most IPs, I’d say Bloodrayne should retain a heavy sexually suggestive approach. She’s a vampire, and vampires have had that sort of angle from the very beginning. It’s built on Victorian era repression.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Henry

I guess ASW being the developer means it’s another 2D side-scrolling platformer in animated style? I love Bloodrayne Betrayal. Too bad it’s not developed by Way Forward this time.

#5 4 months ago