Titanfall Xbox One console bundle slashed to £349 by Amazon and ASDA

Friday, 11th April 2014 10:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Titanfall Xbox One console bundles have been discounted down to £349 by retailers Amazon and ASDA.

titanfall_xbox_one_console

You’ll find the Amazon product page here, and ASDA’s equivalent here.

It follows today’s European release of Titanfall on Xbox 360. You can check our my final impressions, along with video and screen comparisons between the Xbox One and 360 versions here.

Let us know if you pick it up.

1. ChristopherJack

Bloody hell that’s expensive, over $620AUD, where as I can get the same bundle at Australia’s laziest game retailer, eb games for $598AUD WITH Forza on top.

#1 8 months ago
  2. RandomTiger

I don’t need an XBox. I don’t need an XBox. I don’t need an XBox. I don’t need an XBox.

#2 8 months ago
  3. torjs99

don’t forget you will have to pay the £50 per year xbox live tax to play titanfall

#3 8 months ago
  4. tenthousandgothsonacid

Looks like MS didn’t sell as many as they hoped. Also explains them staying very quiet about the 360 version.

#4 8 months ago
  5. DrDamn

@Christopherjack
    Australian sales tax is only 10% though isn’t it? It’s 20% here :(

@RandomTiger

@torjs99
    One of the things which puts me off still, but £50 is over egging it a bit. It’s £40 through official channels and £26 if you shop around. Games for Gold on X1 needs to come sooner rather than later.

#5 8 months ago
  6. KineticCalvaria

That’s more like it, for this price I’m actually fairly tempted but fortunately (unfortunately) I don’t have the money to buy one.

Still there’s very few exclusives that appeal to me, if anything one of the main draws for me is the Xbox Fitness thing they announced ages ago…

#6 8 months ago
  7. stretch215

@5- Holy shit, %20!. Where do you live?

#7 8 months ago
  8. OlderGamer

I got suckered into buying a xbo in the states for 400usd, it was the TF bundle and the store tossed in a second controller for free. Still wasn’t worth the price. IMO, TF doesn’t live up to the hype. Not even close. I would wait. Last gen I was a xb360 primary player, so take it for what it is worth.

#8 8 months ago
  9. polygem

pc, wiiu, 3ds. that´s essential. the rest is just optional stuff. that´s just me oc.

#9 8 months ago
  10. DrDamn

@stretch215
    The UK. Good ol’ VAT.

#10 8 months ago
  11. Major Mayhem 70

@8 when you say you got suckered into buying something that no one held a knife to your neck to buy, I’d say your a fool. But looking at the deal that you got, I’d say your lucky.

#11 8 months ago
  12. ChristopherJack

@DrDamn True (10% GST) but that doesn’t explain why we pay up to $110 for a bare bones new game (little over £60). All sorts of minor things can effect store pricing (minimum wages, import taxes & a handful of other small effects) but that doesn’t justify digital purchases on PSN, XBL & even Steam from time to time imo.

#12 8 months ago
  13. fengato

@polygem Until Destiny hits, that is….

#13 8 months ago
  14. Hyperx64

@torjs99 That’s cheap – what $2 a week? How much do you spend on McDonalds/KFC/Hungry-Jacks per year?

#14 8 months ago
  15. Hyperx64

@tenthousandgothsonacid No. It is the right of a Retailer to discount the products they sell.
    R.R.P. stands for; Regular Retail Price. To promote sales a retailer discounts the items it sells. The lower the price, the more inclined someone will buy.

As the PlayStation 4 sales show; cheap plastic increases sales.

The logic that Xbox One “costs too much” but is not allowed to lower it’s price. Is suspect.

#15 8 months ago
  16. ChristopherJack

@Hyperx64 Recommended retail price, not regular. Sometimes called MSRP or just SRP, manufacturers suggested retail price.

Claiming that just because the PS4 uses cheap plastic is the reason it is selling better is laughable & shows just how single minded & bias you really are.

#16 8 months ago