UK game charts: inFamous Second Son enters at first – full chart inside

Monday, 24th March 2014 09:35 GMT By Dave Cook

inFamous: Second Son has debuted at top of the UK gaming charts, following a strong launch on PS4.

It follows my final inFamous: Second Son impressions, where I felt the game was fine and lovely to look at at, but didn’t offer much in the way of new ideas. It’s still fun mind.

We’ve also got our inFamous: Second Son review score round-up here.

UKIE has confirmed that Sucker Punch’s new-gen debut is the fastest selling week-one PS4 title since Killzone: Shadow Fall, followed by a strong start for Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes. Titanfall sales have also dropped 73% over last week’s top spot sales, while Square’s Final Fantasy X remasters have come in at a respectable fourth.

Here’s the top 20 in full:

16. Yoshi’s New Island
  17. GTA 5
  18. Aliens: Colonial Marines
  19. Need for Speed: Rivals
  20. Rayman Legends

1. KAP

Knocking Titanfall off the top spot, nice..

Spent all weekend with Second Son and I must say it’s the best Infamous yet, with some of the best graphics I’ve seen on the next gen systems so far.

There was many super powers compared to the first, the city is big enough and varied enough to get immersed in and the story was fun but not overly serious like many other games tries to be nowadays.

All in all I’d say It’s an awesome, and will tie me over until Watch Dogs comes out in a couple of months.

One quick note too, I’m currently playing my second playthrough as Evil and on Expect difficulty and feel the game is 10x better in this mode. You feel you really need to use every power you learn throughout the game.

#1 6 months ago
  2. CycloneFox

Infamous totally deserves this. In my opinion it’s the first real next gen game, yet.

Omg. MGS Ground Zeroes sold like crazy. It’s not like I don’t grant KojiPro the success. They already did a great job with MGS5. The game is really great and aside from the single story mission, it delivers alot of content. Especially for Peacewalker fans, there is a lot of content. I love it and understand it more like an early access demo of some really dedicated game project, where total MGS-freaks like me can already support the developer and get their value out of later on when the full game launches.
    But the problem is that it stands in the shelves labeled “Metal Gear Solid 5″, which is absolutely misleading for people who don’t read about this on the internet first.
    It might make a lot of customers angry. I hope, that all those buyers understood this game in the same way as me.

#2 6 months ago
  3. The_Red

Both sad and happy about MGS GZ’s success. Sad because it could convince more publishers to try this worrisome method and happy because from what I’ve heard and seen from the game, it is an absolute blast to play AND look at on next-gen consoles.

#3 6 months ago
  4. mistermogul

Interestingly 58% of MGS sold on PS4, 15% on PS3 and 27% on Bone/360…

While I thought PS4 may sell more than the others, I’m surprised at the gulf between PS4/X1 versions…

#4 6 months ago
  5. mistermogul

@mistermogul according to Chart-Track…

Goddam lack of edit button :(

#5 6 months ago
  6. Francis O

Gotta love these ghost charts with no numbers…. when is the UK going to grow a pair like the Media Create and show us some actual numbers?

They’re hiding how pathetic their numbers are compared to other markets.

Europe needs to just ban together and release ONE chart for all of Europe, numbers included.

#6 6 months ago
  7. mistermogul

@Francis O – I agree. It’s largely pointless showing a sales chart with no sales numbers! lol

#7 6 months ago
  8. Hcw87

Infamous is indeed an awesome game, it’s way way too short though. When comparing it against the likes of Assassins Creed, Crackdown etc, the game comes up too short for me personally.

Best overall graphics of a next-gen game thus far though, and i doubt Watch Dogs will look any beter (but it’ll have far more content).

#8 6 months ago
  9. Legendaryboss

1. inFamous: Second Son: This has done well better than the last Infamous games which shows that the change in strategy Sony employed regarding less is better compared to too much is stretching their promotion.
    2. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes: Haven’t played it so can’t tell whether this is good or bad, the claims of it being a glorified demo may have been exaggerated. Price is the problem however this just suggests otherwise. Still waiting on that bundle or heavy price drop, but other than that i agree with The_Red about Re: Happy.
    3. Titanfall: New IP still doing well (wonder why we haven’t heard official sales figures now) the drop was expected.
    4. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster: This did well for a remastered product on two platforms.

@Mistermogul & Francis O
    Neogaf usually gets sales figures a little while afterwards this publishes as they did for Titanfall (and others) last week, alternatively theres the estimate website (VGchartz). This format isn’t likely to change so just take it as it is.

#9 6 months ago
  10. Bomba Luigi

What in the World is Colonial Mariens doing there? ^^

#10 6 months ago
  11. BrokenSpline

@Hcw87

Infamous was never the size of Assassins Creed. Its exactly the same size as the previous games. I clocked in at 18 hours to beat the game just like the previous games give or take 30 mins.

#11 6 months ago
  12. nikk900

@Bomba Luigi Aliens is always up there because you can pick it up so cheap. You can get the limited edition one for about £3, plus aliens is aliens and has a big fanbase.

#12 6 months ago