EA nominated once again for Worst Company in America

Tuesday, 18th March 2014 23:45 GMT By Mike Irving

Are people still that sore over Mass Effect 3 and SimCity?

20130311_simcity_3

Consumerist has gathered its list of nominations for Worst Company in America 2014, and unsurprisingly, EA has made the cut. Again.

It’s up against other tech companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Yahoo and eBay.

At this point, it’s somewhat hard to take its nomination as much more than a running joke. EA hasn’t made any major blunders since SimCity, which netted it the “honour” last year. And there’s some stiff competition this time around: in the first bracket, EA squares off against Time Warner Cable.

So sound off below: does EA really deserve the title of Worst Company in America, for the third year running?

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Sylrissa

No they don’t, TWC are a far worst company.

#1 9 months ago
  2. antraxsuicide

Or fucking Monsanto.

#2 9 months ago
  3. mitcHELLspawn

Does this article seriously say that EA hasn’t made any serious blunders since simply?!? Does battlefield 4 not ring a bell? Like at all? Lol… they released a completely broken game… hell the thing still isn’t working on all platforms.

#3 9 months ago
  4. mitcHELLspawn

Since simcity**

#4 9 months ago
  5. salarta

I can’t wait to see EA win again, everyone knows DRM is just so much more vile and inhumane than airlines that murder or seriously injure dogs and cats. Really, what’s one dog’s life compared to the injustice of not being able to play a video game offline?

#5 8 months ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@salarta If there was a like button here, I would hit it 20 times for this comment alone!

#6 8 months ago
  7. salarta

@Stephany Nunneley “Uhh, Steph, the like button only counts once.” “Don’t care, ALL THE LIKES.” Thanks, it’s rare for me to see such comments directed at me. :)

#7 8 months ago
  8. Michael Ireland

@salarta I never thought I’d utter these words, but I completely agree with you.

#8 8 months ago
  9. The_Red

“EA hasn’t made any major blunders since SimCity”
    Eh… Battlefield 4 launch says hello.
    Then Dungeon Keeper iOS says hello.
    Then NBA Live says hello.
    Then the PopCap, Criterion and other studio mismanagements say hi.

Yeah, this is the first time that EA is actually deserving of a golden poo.

#9 8 months ago
  10. Sylrissa

@Salarta Though I tend to find your logic and reasoning utterly flawed when it comes to topics you’ve commented on in the past on vg247.

This time I fully agree with you, and I’m behind you 100%
    +1 for a sensible comment.

#10 8 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

Sounds standard.

#11 8 months ago
  12. TheWulf

After the PopCap fiasco, I can get behind that.

I miss PopCap. They designed good casual games which weren’t exploitative and didn’t suck.

#12 8 months ago
  13. TheWulf

That’s an incredibly fair point. There are many more companies in the world who’re so much more terrible, and do awful things. I ask your forgiveness for my bitterness regarding the PopCap thing.

Despite them rubbing me the wrong way, there’s always something so much more worse out there. That’s human nature, though. Our number one drive is to survive at the expense of everyone else. It kind of makes us evil, we’re born that way, twins fight in the womb just to ensure their survival. Paarthurnax has nothing to worry about, dragons don’t have shit on us.

I guess the reason it’s cathartic to be mad at EA is to just… forget how evil humanity is, sometimes.

#13 8 months ago
  14. TheWulf

I’d actually like to live in a world where EA is the most terrible company, and sometimes it’s just fun to pretend.

#14 8 months ago