Gone Home will make the jump to consoles this year

Monday, 10th March 2014 17:51 GMT By Sherif Saed

Gone Home will be released on consoles this fall courtesy of publisher Midnight City.

No specific date or platforms have been announced beyond that, unfortunately. Find the announcement trailer below.

Gone Home is an atmospheric adventure game released last year by The Fullbright Company, which was their first game. The critically acclaimed title has only come out on PC, Mac and Linux, and has sold 250 thousand units so far.

Thanks, Polygon.

1. the Bridgeburner

I’ll pick this up for sure if it heads to PS4. It’s worth supporting another time.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Panthro

Why?

I could understand ‘Gun Home’ coming to console but Gone Home?
    Hmmm…

I just cannot see something like Gone Home coming to consoles unless it has waypoints… Will it also have text to speech integration? I heard the majority of console gamers struggle to read and it will only be made worse being displayed in sub-standard definition.

Loljk

#2 7 months ago
  3. the Bridgeburner

@Panthro

Because all people who play on consoles love mindless, violent games… But then, you’re an elitist d-bag.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Panthro

@the Bridgeburner

Did you not see the ‘Loljk’ at the end?

You kind of just proved the ‘console gamers struggle to read’ point which I made a joke about… Well done sir, well done.

Why am I even responding? I might akmajnaoinjno oisfjs paogjsg fghhghjuyu 36uiitw

^ He probably still thinks those are words, he is probably converting them to ‘retard’ in google translate as we speak, the poor chap doesn’t know any different.

#4 7 months ago
  5. the Bridgeburner

@Panthro

I saw your piss-poor butchering of language. And yeah, you’re a tool, an elitist douche… I’v lurked here for a rather long time.

I’m platform agnostic – PC, consoles, it doesn’t matter.

But you go on typing your pathetic drivel, like the 8-year-old keyboard warrior you are, sunshine. Smh.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Panthro

@the Bridgeburner

Ouch, you hurt me with your words… I must respond and call you a name now otherwise I will look weak and defenceless.

Naaaht.

Your the one who felt the need to respond and attack me personally with an insult.
    Who is they keyboard warrior? Not me.

You keep on lurking; you are good at it, you are no good at this back and forth business.

Ciao.

#6 7 months ago
  7. fihar

Eh, I didn’t like it that much to be honest.
    The method of storytelling was great, but the actual story is a little bit too soapy for my taste and isn’t as subtle as the game thinks it is.

It still was a standout experience though and I’m genuinely interested to see what Fullbright is going to do next.

#7 7 months ago
  8. TheWulf

I hope it’s successful for them! I don’t really know if the audience is there for this kind of thing, though, but I still wish them the best. And if there is an audience there, then I’m glad those who wanted it on console are getting it for their platform!

#platformexclusivityuscks

#8 6 months ago
  9. TheWulf

I think that it’s better if you put in the thought and effort to figure out what the subplot regarding the Uncle is about.

HINT: He’s not a paedophile, that’s the obvious answer, but not the correct one. There’s evidence and so many hints to the contrary, still surprised how few of a number of people actually worked this out.

#9 6 months ago