PS3 has “a lot of life left, we really have to keep it alive,” says Sony

Wednesday, 12th February 2014 17:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

PlayStation 3 users worried Sony may start paying more attention to its newest sprog instead of its older, more seasoned child have nothing to fear, according to marketing executive John Koller.

20131009_playstation_3_ps3

Speaking with press at Sony Santa Monica last week, Koller told Gamespot there’s still quite a bit of life left in the old girl yet.

“We believe that the platform has a lot of life left in it,” he said. “Two, three, four years; we think there’s time left in the platform. It depends on the content.

“We have a good lineup this year and it looks like a good lineup next year. We need to keep fueling that.

“We really have to keep PS3 alive. And so to do that, we have to further the content. I think there will be a good story for the PS3 over the next year to two years.”

Indeed, there is plenty to look forward to in 2014 alone: Earth Defense Force 2025, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Compilation, Thief, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Dark Souls 2, Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemist of Dusk Sky, Final Fantasy 10/10-2 HD Remaster, The Witch and the Hundred Knight, Child of Light, Drakengard 3, Enemy Front, Watch Dogs, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and plenty more.

1. schrodinger_cat

Don’t forget about Persona 5!!!

#1 11 months ago
  2. Gheritt White

PS3 IS DOOOOOOOOMED!!

#2 11 months ago
  3. X14EVR

try keep alive all you fools want just waste of wads of cash they could be using for games with better graphics sony are always throwing money away thats why i dont support them they are a terrible company with really bad idea for customers

#3 11 months ago
  4. PS4Ever

@X14EVR You should really take microsofts dick out of your mouth. lol

#4 11 months ago
  5. CycloneFox

Dark Souls 2, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Lightning Returns, Tales of Xillia 2 and Persona 5 are the games, I’m looking foreward to the most, at the moment. And except for MGS and Dark Souls 2 (which I’ll get for PS4 and PC) I’ll get them for my PS3. Most of them are even exclusive.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Tyrantsoul

@X14EVR Yeah because better graphics automatically make a game good.If you really do think like that then I feel pity for you over all the great games you will miss out on.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Tyrantsoul

@schrodinger_cat I thought you where trolling with P5 and I rather reluctantly googled it.Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention as I love the SMT/P game series.

On a side note I love you name.

#7 11 months ago
  8. thegrimmling

@X14EVR Actually, some of the multi-platform games have looked a bt weaker on PS3, but ones like Bioshock Infinite and PS3 developed specific games like The Last of Us psh better graphics than Box360.

But all of us console gamers have to bow down to our PC overlords.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Joe Musashi

I’ve still got games from two generations ago that I mean to get round to playing. I don’t think this gen will be any different.

JM

#9 11 months ago
  10. Joe Musashi

“Just hitting it’s stride!”

JM