Xbox One advertisement updated with Titanfall viral marketing promotion

Friday, 24th January 2014 16:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has updated its Xbox One advertisement which you have seen many times on the television since it first aired in October. According to some Internet sleuthing, it appears the update is a viral promotion for Titanfall.

Reddit users first spotted the update, which aired in the UK last night. The advert now includes flashes of binary code when translated lead to the following website: gl16790101.com.

Upon visiting the website, there are terms and conditions posted for the promotion, and while Eurogamer notes Titanfall isn’t mentioned itself, the next stage upon signing up links to ArchiveHammond.com.

Hammond Robotics is the in-game company which creates the mechs in Titanfall. There’s also a Pinterest containing pictures of blossom as seen in game’s Angel City map.

Participants in the promotion will be able to claim in-game content, game prizes, signed artwork and Xbox One consoles.

Titanfall is expected on PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in March

1. KAP

Don’t be surprised people, if your favourite Youtubers Call Titanfall the best game ever made by man, and Xbone is the best console because of this game, while wearing a money-hat on..

#1 3 months ago
  2. Hcw87

Not really the best example, Titanfall is allready revered by both media and the people who got to play it this far (Alpha testers).

I understand you want to bash on MS as is normal for the common Sony fanboy, but sadly you failed here.

#2 3 months ago
  3. X14EVR

best ad i have seen all year

#3 3 months ago
  4. Joe Musashi

True to form, Hcw87 calls anyone who doesn’t share his view a fanboy. Classy.

On topic:

The increasing efforts Microsoft are going to in order to imply that Xbox One is the only platform this game will be available on are bemusing. Watching Microsoft flag-bearers do the same is embarrassing.

JM

#4 3 months ago
  5. Hcw87

Correct me where i was wrong next time, nothing i said was untrue. This game is hyped to the heavens, but the reception is allready awesome from both media and people who’s played it thus far.

If you don’t see a fanboy in @1 you clearly have wool over your eyes.

EDIT: Just for good measure:

Not exactly neutral.

#5 3 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

^ http://www.quickmeme.com/img/db/db125f70609430e80e9841a0a4f4371c8a7c3a1e9d00403dd64fe512c1e27ac9.jpg

#6 3 months ago
  7. Legendaryboss

Edit: never mind, found video.

#7 3 months ago
  8. KAP

Don’t expect to admit your wrong now that you know that I have an Xbone and a PS4 in my home.

I guess I’m an anomaly to you now right boss?

Some people don’t understand is when you come fly kicking your way down someones throat when you see a comment like mine, makes YOU look like the fan boy,, you do realise that right?!

#8 3 months ago
  9. Hcw87

Check my edit at @5 dude, and try convincing anyone you don’t look like a fanboy there.

Maybe you’re just a hypocrite then.

#9 3 months ago
  10. Joe Musashi

Funny thing is, given the coverage of both the game and the activity mentioned in #1′s comment – both have equal merit.

If you’re able to be objective, you can understand that.

(Notable point: Titanfall’s reception is entirely subjective. The drama #1 makes nods towards is based around objective detail)

If you’re only going to do the knee-jerk butthurt defense thing to one of those things then..

….I’m looking forward to your next comment already Hcw87!

JM

#10 3 months ago
  11. KAP

@Hcw87

The fact I say I’m gonna preorder a PS4 makes me a fanboy?
    Dude, your world must be paradise. Seriously.

I’m straight too, does that make me a homophobe then?

I’m sorry brother, I won’t say nothing unbecoming about Microsoft, because clearly your butthurt somehow?!

FUCK SONY, FUUUUUUUUUCK SOOOOOOOONY!!!!!!!

That better?

#11 3 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

I almost forgot about Professor Zoom, ps3fanboy and PS4fanboy, Lookingglass is still present. I had arguments with them all.

Whats even more worse, the proof attached (second link) shows fanboynism and trolling on almost all sides but just omits it to focus on the supposed Sony fanboy.

Professorzoom, PS4fanboy (trolling PS3fanboy) and Lookingglass = 3 xbox fanboys.
    1 Sony fanboy = KAP.

#12 3 months ago
  13. Hcw87

…What? Plain english next time please. All i did was state the obvious, you don’t need to google far to find that the reception of the game is phenomenal. Even spend 5 minutes on Neogaf and you’ll see that. @1 hints at MS paying for the positive reception, which makes no sense at all. They don’t need to pay for something they allready got.

Clearly you didn’t look at all the links i posted. Fact is you relish in bashing MS, and that certainly doesn’t make you neutral in any sense of the word. Also why buy the console if you clearly dislike it so much?

I don’t see why i should comment other people’s behaviour, seeing as they’re not even relevant in this discussion. @1 stood out as a fanboy, and i provided proof (Which JM is VERY fond of btw).

Now, lets not drag this out even longer, shall we? It’s bound to be a clusterfuck of a discussion.

#13 3 months ago
  14. KAP

I was just messing with my first comment, due to all the controversy around MS PR of late, it was a JOKE, if i had known it would of upset a xbox fanboy.. trust me.. I WOULDN’T OF WROTE IT OK!

Microsoft has my money, I can say what I want about there logic If I please.

And trust me when Sony fucks up the same way god knows I’ll be there with my sarcasm.

“Of course this is based on the logic of the one calling someone a fanboy yet again.” – THIS, Hcw87.

#14 3 months ago
  15. Legendaryboss

“I don’t see why i should comment other people’s behaviour, seeing as they’re not even relevant in this discussion.”

They became relevant as soon as you posted links as proof in an edited version, so yes there are omissions.

“stood out as a fanboy, and i provided proof”
    Oh thats right anyone who hates on Titanfall for no reason is a Sony Fanboy, wait no: anyone who parodies/jokes about recent events around MS and puts Titanfall in that same scenario is bashing MS and is a Sony fanboy. My mistake.

#15 3 months ago
  16. Joe Musashi

Yup. True to form.

JM

#16 3 months ago
  17. Djoenz

*XboxOne sign out

#17 3 months ago
  18. Dragon

Wonder where Mr.Knight goes when feelings are reciprocated from other fans.

Going and pointing out X fans on multiple threads and turning a blind eye towards the Y fans.
    Ok.

#18 3 months ago
  19. Hcw87

Ofcourse there are MS fanboys aswell, i’ve never said otherwise. I just pointed out an obvious fanboy in @1 and provided proof of my accusations, but you can try to derail this all you want.

Quick sniping at MS/Titanfall’s expense is obviously OK for you 3 (4?), but anyone who points out his errors is obviously a MS knight? That’s logic.

Ok then, then we’re all fanboys. This circle will never end.

#19 3 months ago
  20. absolutezero

“Even spend 5 minutes on Neogaf ”

I would not wish that on my worst enemy. A fate worse than death.

#20 3 months ago
  21. Legendaryboss

LOL :P Yeah no one said its okay, all i did was point out inconsistencies in your approach. Point out the errors if you really need to but there is no need to continuously use the specific fanboy label.

Plus if that person didn’t already admit he/she was joking and if it wasn’t obvious enough initially then my god! So no not “quick sniping”.

#21 3 months ago
  22. bradk825

I clicked on it and it told me I had to be a resident of the UK. Sucks to be me I guess.

#22 3 months ago
  23. dkpunk

@1 I for one would love to hear your jokes about Sony. Go on. Let’s hear em.

Not something like “FUCK SONY, FUUUUUUUUUCK SOOOOOOOONY!!!!!!!”.

Dig deep son. Let’s hear what you have to say about the PS4.

#23 3 months ago
  24. Playmaker

Let’s instead discuss about the guy who signs his comments and expects to be taken seriously instead of the obvious troll he is. Hilarious.

its cool to hate on the popular thing ala Titanfall. But I’m pretty sure once you play it you’ll fall in love with it. Alpha was phenom.

MS can take their social media bruises and keep posting record quarterly financials. I think management will take that every time. On this blood bath of a day 11/24 MSFT one of few in positive.

P