Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc releases next month on Vita

Tuesday, 21st January 2014 16:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, the revamped edition of the first Danganronpa released on PSP in Japan back in 2010, is heading west for a Vita release next month.

The revamp includes updated graphics, touchscreen functionality, and a new game mode.

In the game, players attend “the most elite high school in the country,” called Hope’s Peak Academy as the main character, Makoto Naegi. Soon, you realize things are not as they seem at the school, when the headmaster – a psychotic black and white bear named Monokuma – locks the students inside.

The only way out is to murder someone and get away with it. However, if the other students unveil the murderer, he or she will have to endure “a poetic death at Monokuma’s hands.”

Gameplay utilizes the investigatory elements of the Phoenix Wright series mixed with the storytelling similar to 999 and Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward, according to NIS America.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc launches on February 11 in North America and February 14 in Europe.

1. Dragon

I have completely spoiled this game for myself by watching the anime :sad:

#1 8 months ago
  2. fihar

It’s kinda sad that Cing is gone.
    I loved 999, Ace Attorney and if I own a Vita, I’d probably love this too but having too much outrageously wacky characters can get a little too overbearing.

I’m still holding out hope that Chunsoft will localize 428 eventually.

#2 8 months ago
  3. Dragon

^Did you play VLR?
    Another great VN.

#3 8 months ago
  4. fihar

Virtue’s Last Reward?
    Nah, I thought about getting the 3DS version but I decided to just wait until I get a Vita sometime this year as I already got it from Plus.
    Like I said, too much outrageously wacky characters can get a little too overbearing.

#4 8 months ago
  5. Dragon

^Yeah, played the game myself when it showed itself on Plus.

These games definitely need people to have some “suspension of disbelief”. Wacky characters pretty much exist in every game in this genre.
    I mean, who wants to play like a normal guy, isn’t that what is called real life? :lol:

#5 8 months ago