Warlords of Draenor pre-purchase nets automatic level 90 boost

Friday, 17th January 2014 17:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

World of Warcraft players who pre-purchase Warlords of Draenor will be handed the bonus ability to boost one of their characters to level 90 immediately.

The perk was announced during BlizzCon as an option for players to instantly upgrade one of their toons to level 90, so they could hop right into the new Draenor zone, where the level cap will be raised to 100.

Now, the perk is available early to those who pre-purchase the expansion.

“We’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion,” ” explained Blizzard.

“This will also give more players the opportunity to experience the current end-game content and the events leading up to Garrosh’s exodus to Draenor. Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process.”

“To get everyone straight to the action, when you buy the expansion, it will come with a boost to level 90 for one character on your WoW account. We’re getting ready to test the functionality for that on the PTR, and we wanted to provide a quick update on how it will work with the upcoming expansion pre-sales.”

A closed beta testing for Warlords of Draeno is looming, and the expansion is slated for release in the fall.

1. Talkar

I didn’t expect this, but i welcome it.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Darkfield

This is bullshit, I’m livid at the moment because I have no way of pre-purchasing anything in this fraking country. I want my insta 90 you greedy fraks, I’ve been playing this game for more than 6 years now and I want my insta 90 boost. :|

AND, I was ok with 1 boost to 90, but making it a purchasable service is just wrong.

#2 6 months ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 I thought the option was available to everyone post launch? They are just making it available to those who pre-purchase at the time money is exchanged hands. From what I gather everyone is still getting it, it’s just like with all pre-orders: the goodies arrive in your account the moment the transaction is processed.

#3 6 months ago
  4. GrimRita

Good idea to release the boost early. Otherwise it would be like someone purchased a lvl 90 ebay account and hasn’t a clue what abilities to use

#4 6 months ago
  5. lolatfanboys

@4 you will learn your skills playing say a month when you start at lvl 90, just the same as you lvl from 1-90 in that month or even longer.

#5 6 months ago
  6. treborr

@4 I remember seeing a blue post about something steadily giving a ‘boosted’ character access to new spells, almost like a tutorial for them.

#6 6 months ago