Warhammer Online has officially shuttered

Thursday, 19th December 2013 04:06 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, which launched in 2008, is no more. The EA Mythic-developed MMO closed its doors overnight, forever ending its ambitions of true realm-vs-realm warfare and other delightful concepts imported from former project Dark Age of Camelot but sadly wasted on a generation whose brains pointed due WoW. The dream has died; go to your rest, uncrowned king. Or, you know, hang around as your ridiculously interesting indie spiritual successor, whatever.

Thanks, Strategy Informer.

1. thiz

Insulting a whole community via newspost, just because you are sad that your favorite game is now gone is kind of disgusting. I only played for a very short time, but not because I didn’t like it, but because I found other MMOs (like WoW at that time) to be more fun for me. And I wasn’t playing WoW at that time because my brain isnt as developed as yours may be, it is because to me it just stood out more and was the better game in my opinion.

Next time, remind yourself that this is a NEWS site and not a propaganda page. I’m sure its not your job to give people that play a different game the feeling that you think low of them. That last bit might have been disrespectul, just felt like giving back what you made me feel with choosing your words as you did.

#1 1 year ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

@1, bit of an overreaction… the game was always shit and this was a long time coming. The three players left in the community probably weren’t offended by this post either.

#2 1 year ago
  3. thiz

@2, Too bad you are too stupid to get my point.

#3 1 year ago
  4. JSBrayker

@1, are you really so insecure that you took this post as an insult? She didn’t say anything negative about WoW or its players. She suggested that WoWs popularity at the time stopped this game from gaining any real traction, that’s it.

#4 1 year ago
  5. silkvg247

@1 There was no insult in the post.

#5 1 year ago
  6. KineticCalvaria

@3, I’m the stupid one :-) sure, keep telling yourself that.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Ireland Michael

@3 > “Don’t insult people.”
    > proceeds to insult people

Know what blows my mind? Ultima Online is still going. How is that even possible?

#7 1 year ago