Ultra Street Fighter 4 to have online training mode, 3v3 team matches

Saturday, 14th December 2013 21:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ultra Street Fighter 4 will come complete with online training and 3v3 team matches, according to new information.

Online Training Mode, according to Eurogamer, works like training does currently, only players will be able to invite another along to train online.

Capcom hopes it will “make training more exciting and encourage camaraderie.

Team Battle Mode adds 3v3 online matches, and each player will have a single life bar across multiple rounds.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes with the existing characters with major re-balancingnew ultra combos (such as the Red Focus attack), the Ultra Combo Double, and five new characters: Poison, Hugo, Elena, Rolento and one unannounced.

There will be a total of 44 characters in all and six new arenas.

Ultra Street Fighter 4′s digital upgrade will be available in early June for $14.99 (€14.99) on PS3 and Xbox 360.

The digital upgrade for PC will follow in August, at $14.99 (€14.99), as well as the PS3 and Xbox 360 full digital bundle and retail versions, which include all previously-released costumes for $39.99 (€39.99).

Since PC fans have to wait longer for the content, a special deal is available where they can get the full digital bundle including all of the previously-released costumes for only $29.99 (€29.99), and will also land in August.

The game will not be coming to PS4, Wii U or Xbox One.

1. Clupula

Well, if SNK aren’t making games anymore, someone has to use the KOF concept.

Anyway, I’m excited for this. I just hope the mystery fifth character isn’t too much of a disappointment. Asura would definitely count as one.

You know what I’d like, though? Gene from Godhand, which I am sure will not happen, because I want it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Obernox

Gene in a slow-ass fighter? hell no, the game wouldn’t do him justice. He should’ve been in MvC3

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

@2 – Well, then he’d be in a game that sucked.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Clupula

Well, isn’t Gene. Ono tweeted that the fifth character is female.

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Roxy? Palette swap for poison?

I’d have liked to see Eddie E and Damnd from Final Fight.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

@5 – This isn’t Mortal Kombat. lol

But Ono has given three hints about the character. They’re female. They’re a Capcom character. They’ve never been in a fighting game before.

#6 1 year ago
  7. RussellGorall

Buy the same game, again.

And again.

And again.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Obernox

MvC3 is quite fun imo, best cast in the series by far.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Clupula

@7 – Or you could, you know, just buy the DLC upgrade like I’m doing and like it says you can do in the video.

But then again, knowing that would require you to actually know what you’re talking about.

Someone with a modicrum of intelligence would view this as an expansion pack with the option of buying a retail version if you’ve never bought the previous incarnations.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

@8 – I really disliked MVC3 and I think there were some glaringly weird character placement/omissions in it, mostly on the Marvel side, but Gene not being in there was also strange. Also, why Crimson Viper but not Juri, I’ll never get.

But on the Marvel side, we get Nova and Iron Fist, but not Ms. Marvel? Not to mention, Galactus as a last boss when The Sentry is a lot better threat that actually can lend himself to a fighting game mechanic (just look at it this way. Three rounds against Sentry. First round, he’s regular Sentry. Second round, he’s possessed by The Void. Third round, he’s that giant insect-like Void creature that destroyed Asgard).

Not only that, but the lack of single player content (seriously, two panel endings in the 21st Century?!?) and the fact that matches are won simply by whoever gets the first launcher, make it the worst of the MVC series, in my opinion.

It does have an okay roster, though. Just with some glaring omissions.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Unknown_Gamer

Don’t buy it , unless you are smart enough to realize that there’s Super Ultra Street Fighter 4 !

Let the sheeples behind EVO enjoy it .

#11 1 year ago
  12. Ireland Michael

@11 I wouldn’t care if there was, personally.

Unlike a lot of games, this is actual extra content being developed over a long period of time, with DLC that is released at a fair price. It is expanding and growing an already great game long after it’s original release.

How is that a *bad* thing?

#12 1 year ago
  13. Clupula

@11 – Man, how horrible that would be if a game released in 2010 were to keep receiving new context five or even six years later.

I guess in order to not qualify as “sheeple,” they should, instead, adopt the Call of Duty model of releasing a new game annually, while abandoning the one released the year before.

If there’s a Super Ultra Street Fighter IV, I’ll be more than happy to spend my $15 for that too. As it is, I’m overjoyed that this is coming out. Do you realize Super Street Fighter IV was released, as I said above, in 2010. And here we are, looking at June 2014, where a new, substantial DLC release will be happening. And somehow, that’s supposed to be a negative?

I know it’s the trendy thing to make fun of Capcom these days and add more words to Street Fighter, but please do explain how exactly this is bad for anyone? To me, I wish more companies supported their games this way.

#13 1 year ago